Is Power Surge Optimus prime the same as Beast Hunters Optimus Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by primeknightHalo, Jan 28, 2017.

1. primeknightHalo

primeknightHalo Well-Known Member

Im jst curious if power surge optimus is supposed to be the same as Beast Hunters Optimus.I just bought the warrior class power surge optimus i think he really is supposed to be a beast hunters optimus. With his similarities like his jetwings/jetpack and his chest area is almost identical but im not 100 percent

Attached Files:

2. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well...they are the same character from the same continuity yes. the general robots in disguise optimus is supposed to loosely be the same body as beast hunters optimus due to there being a statue of optimus in his robots in disguise body on cybertron in the first episode while he was still dead. power surge optimus prime is optimus upgraded by a minicon, so to answer your question no power surge optimus prime is not beast hunters optimus prime, the regular robots in disguise optimus prime is (granted he lost the jetpack and wings)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

They are the same character from the same continuity, yes.

If you are asking if the bodies are the same, then it would be a no.

Personally, I think the BH body appeared in RID as part of Optimus training with the Primes.
    optimus.png
    Some of the design features are similar: the smokestacks; the chest; the shoulders; etc.

While he may not have his jetpack, my primary evidence for this is that Optimus died at the end of Prime in this very body. It would make sense for him to use it in the afterlife.

When he returns to defeat Megatronus, Optimus is given a new body by the Primes.
    Tumblr_nqwdbkbUg11rhk8mvo1_500.jpg
    This body is later combined with Aerobolt, giving him is Power Surge appearance.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    (I couldn't find a picture of the one from the show).

Hopes this clears things up!

4. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    The funny part is, the body that Optimus obtains after the Prime Spark Transfer Proccess looks more like his Beast Hunters body than the original Season 1 body.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

I'd consider that mere irony.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Power Surge Optimus is Angel Tarn