Is Patlabor on dvd (english)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by -Barricade-, Feb 6, 2008.

1. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    I cant find it on ebay, but want to see some of the series, or movie. Thanks for any info.

This is what I wanna see.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

some is some isn't, some is out of print too, it depends on what you're looking for? the trailer looks like it's movie 1 or 2 though...

do you want the series? or the oav's? or what?

3. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup we have a few english dubbed version here in s'pore. i dunno whether dat's the one dat you're looking for dude.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I have both movies in English. But I'm in Euroland.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I have the entire OVA and TV series' on DVD... though they aren't DVDs you can find at a best buy or anything. There ARE official releases of the various OVA and TV series', but I don't know how complete they are. The movies (which you posted trailers for) are also out there in R1 land, but if you're looking at them for awesome mecha action(tm) like you see in that youtube link... don't bother.

The movies are slow paced, plot heavy thrillers. That trailer showed just about all the explosions and robots that are in Patlabor 2 :p 

Some DDDVD links:
    Movies 1+2:
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5749330
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5749332

TV:
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5743295

OVA (I think?):
    http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5743311

There's also the barely related WXIII (Wasted 13) movie which I've never seen but has I think about 5 minutes of Noa and the ingrams and an hour+ of detectives and monster mysteries.

6. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

How they managed to take a mostly humorous series like Patlabor and made it serious Drama in the movies never ceases to make me frown. :(  They needed more Noa.

Anyways, as mentioned above they DID release all of it on DVD. I'd avoid the dub though. It's from the earlier days of dubbing when they werent all that great.

Comcast On Demand showed all of the OAV and TV series at once point so it's entirely possible they might again in the future.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I bought the boxed set for ten bucks here in Canada, so shop around.

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Everything has been released in the US.

The OVAs and TV series were released by CPM, get them while you still can since they probably won't be back once current stock is gone. The TV series came in 11 volumes that were also released in 3 boxes, OVA was released in one set as "Original Series" and OVA2 was released in a set as "New Files". The was also a single volume release of the first OVA2 disc, but don't bother with that.

The Oshii movies were released by Bandai Visual and should be in plentiful supply. There are also hella expensive collectors editions with big books.

W13 and Minipato was released by Geonon and will probably be drying up soon now that they are out of business. Minipato only comes with the limited boxed version of W13 and can't be had by itself.

Everything except most of OVA2 has audio for the reading impaired.

9. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    K, thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on "On Demand" and prob pick up the 2 movies this week. If I can find the series set I will prob pic it up.