Is Optimus starting to annoy you a little?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I post this here because it started in the movies. Don't get me wrong, I love Optimus because he's cool and Peter Cullen makes an awesom Prime. BUT and it isn't his fault but maybe the writers etc, I have had it with the narrating (probably because of it's use in TF Prime not because of the movies) and "one shall stand, one shall fall". It was awesome on TF1 and in the TF1 game but they are using the line to death and every time they use that line it gets weaker and lamer and kills its awesomeness.

It's not really Optimus Prime himself who is annoying but more like what people are doing to him that is annoying.

2. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Not...exactly but I liked how he was written in TF Animated better...and in Beast Wars...I think in many of the most recent shows though they tend to write Optimus as a stoic cliche. XD

3. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    not really, maybe off topic but when optimus prime is doing the speech at the beginning and end of DOTM, i expect SILENCE from the audience, no excuses.

i dont really find him annoying in the series.

4. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Well, thing is i remember him being more...authoritative but looser and more relaxed. It just seems like people wanna put SO MUCH WEIGHT on his shoulders that he seems manic depressive to the point that he's cutting other bots faces off XD

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yep. That's really not that great of a line to begin with, let alone repeatedly using it. Don't get me wrong, it was great in TFTM(86), but really all Prime was doing was letting Megs know the deal. It's no "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings..."

//2 cents

6. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Prime in the movies its Peter Cullens epic tones... "One shall rise one shall fall" never gets old

7. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

Come on, do you have to nitpick about something like this?

I do admit I find the traditional prime abit overdone, but hey it works for me.

Now if only they'll ever do a shattered glass series, or even an episode....

8. Shizuka

News Credits:
    It's not really nitpicking. It's just how I'm feeling. I just hope they don't overdo Optimus.

9. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated Member

News Credits:
    Now you make me think about, I`ve always found Prime a little annoying, even back in G1 days, when I was just a kid! It seems everything he said always had to be profound in some way, and he was tooo goody goody! Its funny how the movies have created a kind dichotomy with Prime where he still has this peace and freedom to all persona, and at the same time being a faceripping psychopath!

Primal was better, because despite being whiter that white, he was alot more falliable than prime.

That said, anyone who agrees with me, is wrong, because Primes still mine and everyone elses hero! :popcorn 

10. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I don't find prime annoying at all, he kick major freaking ass in ROTF, plus he speech everytime is just perfect like " I take you all on" and starts hammering the cons.

I can't wait what that trailer does in the movie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I edited my OP a little because I didn't really convey what I meant fully. It's not really Optimus himself that is annoying, it's more about writers over-using his "one shall stand one shall fall". I guess really it is how they gave him the same identical personlity in Prime which as a result made him repeat thing he did in the films.

I still think that Optimus is kick-ass especially in the Forest Battle.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Prime is gonna have to say his "one shall stand" line when his trailer gets destroyed. "We have been together a long time trailer(a whopping 3 minutes in the move), but at this time, now that you have been destroyed, one shall stand, one shall fall."

Seriously though, people are starting to hate the movie so much, that they are nitpicking Peter Cullen saying his original lines? WTF is wrong with this picture? Prime is gonna say something like: "Do a barrell roll!" or finally say "Autobots, Transform, and ROLL OUT!" and next thing we are gonna have is someone complain he said that.

13. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Optimus saying "Do a Barrel roll" that would be amusing and some what traumatic at the same time.

Optimus Prime without his original lines would just be plain silly plus Garry Chalk voice Opitmus Primal and the dialogue of Cullen was lifted as not once has he ever said "One shall rise one shall fall"

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    If Prime said "One shall stand, One shall fall" right before killing every bot that he does in the movie, I still wouldn't mind.

Walks up to Megatron "One shall stand, one shall fall! Give me your face" proceeds to Shockwave: "One shall stand, one shall fall! Give me your face", proceeds to Starscream: "One shall stand, one shall fall! Give me your face"...etc.. I seriously wouldn't have a problem with that.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The day I get tired of Optimus is the day I get tired of Transformers itself. I love the character and the history, both fictional and real of the character and I believe he's one of the high points of it himself.

16. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

no the big guy does not annoy me. also you couldn't have a series or a movie without optimus or megs.

17. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Im going to guess you never be tired of transformers

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :crazy: :throw 

19. kremzeek prime

kremzeek prime Kremzeek!!!!!

No way, the lines are not being overused, they make the scene that more memorable. I'm waiting on the line "Till all are one". That'll be the cherry on top.

20. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

Well, if you feel the way you do, then take a look at the writers. They are the ones who write the dialogue.