Is Optimus Prime,Megatron leader on the earth bound groups?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Feb 2, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,are Optimus Prime and Megatron are only recognize as leader of Autobot on earth groups ,no by other transformers in other galaxies or planet ?

Do you think there any Autobot or Decepticon leaders beside this 2 guy ?
    Are the likes of Star Saber in Victory recognize as leader too if he appear together with Optimus Prime from G1 ,are they hold the same position and rank and Optimus have no right to give order to Star Saber ?
    I ask this because Devcon in G1 season 2 episode Gamble seen not a follower of Optimus Prime ,are he follower of other Autobot ?

Do Optimus recruit season 2 Autobot like Red Alert,Blaster ,Omega Supreme ,Smokescreen etc from other Autobot leader in other planet ?

Do Blizwing ,Ramjet etc follow other Decepticon leader before they join Megatron in season 2 ?

Are Ultra Magnus ,Hot Rod ,Arcee etc a follower of other Autobot leader before arrival on earth and feature in the movies 1986 ?

Are Optimus Prime the only leader who carry the matrix ,what about other Autobot leader like Star Saber ?

Thanks.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    No, they are leaders of the whole factions, not just Earthbound forces.

Except in the (first half) of the Cybertron Cartoon, in which the leaders are:
    Cybertronian Decepticons: Megatron
    Animatros Decepticons: Scourge
    Earth Autobots: Evac
    Velocitron Autobots: Override
    Gigantion Autobots: Metroplex
    Cybertronian Autobots: Optimsu Prime

and even so, they all submit themselves to Optimus' and Megatron's commands

3. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Actually for Cybertron, the other planet's Transformers IIRC were separated and long lost from Cybertron. Strictly speaking, you can't really consider them Autobot or Decepticon.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    For Galaxy Force, the planetary leaders are all Primes (Convoy).

In Animated Optimus is just the Captain of his ship, nothing more, while Megatron is the supreme leader of all Decepticons.

In the aforementioned hypothetical (assuming I'm interpreting it correctly), Star Saber outranks Optimus in Victory should Optimus just show up. The Autobots would be bound to follow Star Saber, Optimus included. While Optimus would be immensely respected, he isn't the leader; it would be more akin to an ex-president visiting.

Damnit, I answered the question again. I keep meaning to start ignoring all of these questions of the day from him.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    got me on a technicality.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Between the G1 and G2 Marvel comics, leadership changed quite a bit. (And I may even be overlooking a few.)

Autobots
    Optimus Prime
    Ratchet (yes, he counts -- he was the only functioning Autobot on earth for a time)
    Grimlock
    Rodimus Prime (for 1 issue, not counting the movie comic miniseries)
    Fortress Maximus

Decepticons
    Megatron
    Shockwave
    Ratbat
    Donny Finkleberg (okay, that one was a cover teaser, but still...)
    Lord Straxus (on Cybertron)
    Bludgeon
    Scorponok
    Galvatron (an alternate universe version of him, anyway)
    Jhiaxus (on Cybertron)

I'm not sure Thunderwing counts. He was just a threat to EVERYTHING for a while.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I'd say, in the cartoon, Meg and Optimus are the leaders of all their kind.

Comics is different
    According to what we learned in the season 2 episode "Desertion of the Dinobot", RedAlert,Smokescrean,Inferno,Blaster and most of the season 2 Autobots were always with Optimus Primes crew.

So, maybe they were trapped in a different part of the ship all of season 1.

Omega came to Earth chaseing the Constructicons.
    Same as above
    Most likely HotRod and the others followed Ultra Magnus.
    Not so sure about Star Saber since he's not part of the Hasbro continuity of shows.

From what I've seen of Victory, there is no Matrix in him.

But their were leaders before Optimus that carried the Matrix.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Given Star Saber's personality, I am almost certain he'd defer and follow Prime's lead. Likewise Optimus would ask for his input and respect his advice. They'd work together as a team, as equals.

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Thunderwing does indeed count. Bludgeon answered to him originally in the Marvel comics. He led the Cybertron based Decepticons such as Ruckus, Bludgeon and Spinister. He's my favourite villain frm the Marvel era alongwith Scorponok. Shame IDW changed both of the so dramatically and not for the better.

In fact the Marvel comics showed more of both his reign and that of Rodimus Prime. Soundwave and Starscream both ruled the Decepticons in the UK stories. During the reign od Rosimus Prime, Soundwave took command of the Decepticons after Shockwave died and he shared command with Starscream during the Earthforce saga.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Can you elaborate on what is said in that episode? I don't remember that ever being resolved on the cartoon.

And as an aside, does anybody remember when Red Alert and Inferno popped up in the Marvel comics? They weren't introduced with the rest of the bots from their year like Tracks, Skids, Grapple, Hoist, Smokescreen, etc...

Does Blaster get an honourable mention for being offered leadership of the Autobots, and later duelling Grimlock on Fort Max's behalf?

Or Perceptor, for that matter... being Blaster's commanding officer back on Cybertron?

zmog

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

If you recall, just about all the Autobots and Decepticons , including RedAlert-Blaster-Coneheads-Blitzwing, were all suffering from a lack of a Cybertronion element.

According to Preceptor,[exact quote] "after millions of years of being exposed to EARTHS atmosphere an element thats essential to our mechanical operation is deteriorating "

Which would mean, every character that showed signs of the malfunctions must have been on Earth for millions of years.

From what I remember they were never "introduced".

Red Alert never appeared in the U.S. Marvel, and he came from no where in the UK books.

Inferno was seen in a "future story" in the US Marvel, as well as a few G2 appearances.And the same as RedAlert in the UK.

12. SMOG

Interesting bit of deductive reasoning there, though admittedly it may not be conclusive so much as just inattention in the writing (which was common enough in Season 2). But I like your take on it, even if the actual details are a bit awkward to work out. I get that there might have been Autobots too damaged to repair right away in Season 1, but why build the Dinobots if you've got friends that need fixing? Where were the Decepticons hiding?

It always bugged me that the cartoon bothered explaining Dinobots, Insecticons, Stunticons, Jetfire, etc... but never bothered introducing the 2nd wave of cars and minibots and seekers.

For some reason I never liked the Marvel introduction for the Bot cars. It raised more questions than it answered in a way.

MIA I guess. I never knew why though. It bugged me that there were characters in my old Marvel TF Universe handbook who were omitted, even though they appeared in the limited series edition.

zmog

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thank you

The way I see it, its not just that they needed fixing, they were trapped in areas of the ship not accessible during season 1.

Remember, the ship was damaged, embedded in a volcano.Could be the structure wasnt strong enough to get into cretin areas.

Till they were repaired/re-enforced.

As for the "inattention in the writing ", I think that fact actually helps what I'm suggesting.

The writers tried to make it simple, saying they were always around is very simple, no introductions to write.

Also, Preceptor is supposed to be the smart guy, simple writing would dictate he's right no matter what.
    Agreed.

Althou I see a better explkanation for the 2nd season seeker and triple changers.

They were "upgraded" in some way from the generic seekers we saw running around on Earth in season 1.
    Same here, like what happened to the original guys that let their minds be copied?
    Yeah, sucked.

14. SMOG

Exactly! So there's another version of Smokescreen, Tracks, Grapple, Skids and Hoist still running around Cybertron? I mean, assuming they weren't killed in the war already, but if it's that easy to "replace" fallen warriors, maybe that explains why the war has been going on so long.

In the earlier Marvel comics, they sometimes had weird elements like that, which hinted at some of the fundamental differences between TF's and humans, an essentially "alien" outlook (like when Gears "died" back in issue #3). Sometimes I wish they had developed those aspects more fully.

zmog

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    No doubt. The idea of just creating another copy based on memories is one that could have had all kinds of storytelling.

One of them died on Cybertron saving a territory from falling into the hands of the Decepticons. How do those who honor his memory by fighting on deal with another one showing up?

One the original from Cybertron comes along with re-enforcements for Prime. How does the two (now very different) characters get along? Does the copy see themself as such?

And so forth.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I know what you mean.