is optimus primal a DIRECT decendent of optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by swindleservices, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Side tangent but something that just kind of bugs me that I see far too often. Evolution isn't a process that has an end goal. If a creature can survive better with X adaptation then those with that adaptation will produce more offspring. It doesn't matter if X trait is something the species had lost some time in the past. Look at whales and dolphins and other aquatic mammals. They reevolved fins that their fishy ancestors shed.

Similarly humanity isn't evolving into anything specific. We have an incredible life expectancy thanks to medicine so therefore any given mutation has about the same possibility of producing offspring. Add to that that we're beginning to understand how to manipulate genetics and we will likely stop evolving in non-engineered ways in our future.

Sorry, had to go on a side tangent. It's nails on a chalkboard to me when people misunderstand evolution and natural selection.

To keep it on topic allow me to bust out Trukk not Munky.

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don't think transformers have true relatives. ya some have "brothers" but they are more of a look alike or was made on the same day. I like the way how animated made the jet twins. they were brothers because they came from the same sheet of metal but at the same time it was just one robot split in half. so no primal is not a "son" he is just a tribute to optimus. So basically primal is kind of like an elvis impersonator.

3. thespaniard

thespaniard Well-Known Member

I don't see how he can be related they are machines. When they say ancestors it's just a faction thing

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Not machines, mechanical lifeforms. Sheesh, how offensive. Would you like it if Ratchet said you were "just meat?"

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

thats just it, they arent just machines.

Depending on the continuity, they are the natural evolving life form of their planet.

6. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

in the show i think the only maximal that was mentioned to be a decendant of an autobot was Rattrap when he mentioned his great-aunt Arecee in transmutate i think was the episode

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    ^^