is my jazz broken?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by shadow panther, Jun 6, 2007.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    my movie jazz's head does not pop all the way up when in robot mode and his roof doesnt fully lock down, am i missing something?

2. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Is the waist fully connected?

3. shadow panther

News Credits:
    yes

4. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

head isnt stuck on anything? I cant think of anything else to cause your problem, maybe it is broken, I know that the waist needs to be fully connected for the roof to attach to his back proplerly, did you check the tabs on the back that push up the head?

5. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try squeezing the sides of his chest back and in until they click under partially under the middle front chest panel, that should allow you to click the top of the car that folds over his back all the way and securing the head in the correct position. The automorph is supposed to do all that but as in mine, it sometimes needs to be done manually.

6. shadow panther

News Credits:
    thanks i didnt know about the front grill splitting apart, the head panel for the most part has popped up but its still not all the way in place it kinda droops into the chest

7. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Well, my Jazz is like yours, if I'm understanding it right. The black piece the head is on isn't all the way up, but the head looks to me to be sitting where it should, so I'm not worried about it.

I don't know if that black part is supposed to come all the way up in the first place.

And yeah, I've got the roof in place on the back, and the front grille came out. The grille doesn't split, per se, it just kinda moves forward a little bit from the rest of the front end.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem- the instructions don't telly you what the automorph is supposed to do. The head does weigh down a little, but if it seems too much, try lifting the back piece again and pushing in the black panel over the peg that the back piece piece connects to- that can get in the way and it is part of the chest panels movement. Afterwards put the back piece down and click it in again as much as you can. Wooh... sorry if that is a little unclear, I just don't know the best terminology.

9. shadow panther

News Credits:
    this whole automorph thing was a bad idea, half of it doesnt work

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Mine will actually pop the waist apart, trying to get the backpack/head to click into place. The sides of the chest, seem to catch a bit, on the center. The center chest piece can be pulled straight out to give the sides a little more clearence to move into position. It's spring loaded, so it'll move right back to where it's supposed to be, when you let go of it.

11. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

At least Jazz's waist seems to connect more securely than Barricade's does. His top just kind of sits on the waist top, with no lock at all.