Is MP Grimlock Shortpacked?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonSpike, May 25, 2014.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm just trying to figure one distribution of MP figures at TRU. I can't find Grimlock anywhere, but I'm finding tons of Acid Storm. It was the same thing for Soundwave too. Is there a reason the more popular characters are rare while the lesser known ones are everywhere?

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Rockstars don't wear watches Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He's not shortpacked. Stores range from 4 or 6 to even 12 on the shelves at a time. The problem is the scalpers buying literally every single one and flipping them for about 3 times the shelf price. One easy way to get one is to ask an employee when their next truck comes in and when to call to ask them to hold one for you. Hopefully some day they'll realize this issue and limit MPs to one per person.

3. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    shortpacked usually means the character/toy in a case with multiple other characters that's packed in lower quantities in that case then other characters. MP grimlock is shipping by himself, 2 to a case so he can't be shortpacked. it could be TRU is ordereing less cases of him for whatever reason, probably since like you said, MP acid storm has been hanging around forever. likely because who gives a shit about acid storm compared to the guys everybody knows?

4. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

For the most obvious of reasons: Consumers buy more of the popular figures.

If I'm not mistaken, each MP figure is released separately and have been shipped separately so none of them can be shortpacked. It is possible that TRU didn't order as many Grimlocks because they have too many Acid Storms and Soundwaves on the shelves.

5. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That pisses me off. I remember when I was looking for MP Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, there was a store in in downtown Dayton tha thad 3 of them , but he wanted $150 a piece. I finally found one in Columbus. I think popular characters should be limited until so long after their release, to give people time to get them.

Thank you for the info.
    It kinda reminds me of when MPs were a Wal-Mart exclusive. MP Prime I found everywhere, even on clearance, but Starscream I had to hunt for, while Skywarp was around forever. It's like Hasbro (or maybe the stores) go from one extreme to another.
    It's also one reason why I won't be in a hurry to get MP Sunstorm during his Hasbro release. I think he'll be around a while.