Is Movie Starscream a better leader than Movie Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thepower911, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Cause for example,

Movie 1 - The decepticons did a lot of damage before the movie and in Movie 1 under Starcream's leadership, until Megatron got unfrozen.....they all kinda started to die.

Inter-lube - Starscream takes takes away bee's voice again, and manages to stay low.

Movie 2- Megatron/Fallen leading,Megatron got his face half blown off,The Fallen gave his face to prime, and 98% of the Decepticons in the movie died.

I'm not being Pro-Scream but MOVIE Starscream seems like a better leader.

2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Really there's no substance to his character. All he does is say typical cowardly things to appease the screamer fans.

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Well, in movie 1 Starscream's actions speak louder than words, getting Megs un-stuck, taking out the F22 squad, taking down Ironhide & Ratchet at the same time.

These are all traits of G1 Starscream as THE capable aerial fighter. All too often, some fans forget that.....

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

First film Starscream might have been a better leader even though we only knew a little bit about him. Things don't really start falling apart too badly for the Decepticons until Megatron gets the idea to do everything head on. You sort of have to wonder if Starscream would not have done something sneakier and more underhanded to get the Cube.

First movie Starscream also seems to had an understanding of air power and the Autobots seemed like they were dreading a fight against Starscream.

Second movie he seemed rather incompetent like when he had the jump on the Twins but couldn't damage either one of them.

From what I've heard the movie comic books make Starscream look like a fairly good leader.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    If you take all the fiction into account I'd say yes. He's pretty freaking epic in Reign of Starscream and as already pointed out the 'cons were doing much better for themselves with him in command before Megs was found in the first movie.

6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I think he was a good de facto leader until Megs was re-animated. So, yup, he can be a better leader than Megs.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It's not unprecedented. Most versions of Starscream tend to have more common sense than Megatron. G1 Starscream usually spent most of his time pointing out the obvious ways Megatron could lead the Decepticons to victory.

8. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Movie Screamer does seem to be a better leader than Megs, and in the movie fiction he's pretty badass. I just hope that they bring that back in TF3, as his performance in ROTF was pretty lackluster.

9. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

I think that Movie Starscream has the potential to be a better leader because of his style versus Megatron's. As stated above, Starscream handles and would have handled his business differently than Megs. I believe that when Megs is around, Starscream's ability is shunted because Megatron pushes the attack and I also think Screamer is subjected to pressure generated by a more outwardly domineering presence...that being of course Megatron. In the end, no matter how much more effective Starscream could ever become in leadership, he lacks one thing that his "boss" doesn't. That extra special toughness, power, etc. to deal with someone superior such as Prime. Hope any of this makes sense, just did a J-bomb! (You know, a shot of Jack mixed with a six point Red Stripe!)

10. Screamer55

Screamer55 Well-Known Member

I agree completely with the point of this topic. All the proof in Bay's dumbass films says it. Megs is an ugly idiot with no thinking capacity.
    As to why I bother paying attention to these films is because the concepts are pretty unique and almost original.

I hope Screamer gets his chance to remove Megatron in TF3 cuz if otherwise, these films never had a very big villain.
    P.S. Shockwave can't fill in the spot of main villain. That one-eyed Purple Gundam simply does not posess the persona for leadership. Soundwave fills the same spot.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    He definitely seems smarter than Megatron, using the tactic of running away when neccesary instead of blindly charging..but he still messes up too much to be a better leader, I think.

12. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Thiiis....

13. Screamer55

When has he ever messed up? The only thing he did wrong was help breakout Megatron in TF1!
    Surely you can't expect Starscream to be a capable fighter against Optimus?!

14. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Screamer kept the Decpticons together and effective for MILLENNIA after Megatrons disappearance.

Millennia, dudes.

15. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Of course he's a better leader - haven't you seen ROTF Megatron leader toy? ;) 

One thing Megatron has is followers. Starscream is only leader because Megatron is out of the picture (temporarily), and Starscream is second-in-command, and the big man says "follow him in my absence". Starscream could be a better leader, it's just that the Decepticons trust Megatron more because he is more powerful, and few Decepticons follow Megatron out of loyalty. He's more or less imprinted in their minds that HE will lead them to universal domination, and he's made sure that every Decepticon "knows" that.

Plus, I find it hard to gain a following (much less instill fear among them) when someone snaps off your arm and beats you with it. :p 

16. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

according to the horribly inaccurate rotf/hftd bios screamer is only a 4/10 intelligents.

SS seems to never have forethought. his actions are all in the moment and he never has a master plan. this is what differentiates him from megatron.

17. Screamer55

Is that the Hasbro bio or you talking? If that's the Hasbro bio, they need switch things around cuz it's Megatron that has no thought!
    If it's you....same difference.

As to the whole fear thing...yeah...fear doesn't make a leader. It makes one big boogey man.

I wouldn't say that Screamer doesn't have Decepticon fear though. There hasn't been anything in the movies saying that he doesn't have Decepticon fear.
    No one witnessed him losing his arm anyway.....

18. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

fear is a huge tool used by some of the greatest villains that is how they command respect for their allies. Perhaps the greatest villain of all - the dark lord sauron used fear to create this for his enemy's he never showed up but he is a presence, that he is mighty that he is above fear. He would throw his entire force to raise minas tirith to the ground so if he won the war he is close to regaining the ring. That is why the enemy has to sometimes attack their enemys head on. That was megatrons plan in the first film was? attack them head on - so he could flush sam out so he could get the cube. It is like a poker game to win the game you sometimes have to put everything on the line.

Look at another villian Satan himself - he either in movies or in the bible used fear similar to how sauron uses fear. Without fear there is no respect and that is why villians like megatron will always be above starscream. The decepticons follow megatron because? they fear him but at the same time respect him because they know what he has done in the past.

19. Screamer55

Not the best example considering that Megs had his ass fried in both films.
    I totally wish Megatron was formidable but he simply isn't.

How can the Decepticons treat Megatron with respect if he hasn't accomplished anything? How can he control them with fear if all he does is treat them like shit? I'm rather suprised that Starscream doesn't already have a Decepticon revolt going on already.
    Megs isn't that powerful anyway. He can't even stand up to a couple human tanks while Starscream can fire some missiles and pretty much blowup an entire street.
    The Autobots seem to fear Screamer as well.

20. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

megatron has accomplished loads and god knows the history megatron has in the films before the first film, if it is the history of the animation series. megatron's revolt helped destroy their planet. In the first film he was a badass - he kicked primes ass, he killed jazz ripping him in half with his bear hands he was unstoppable in that film do not forget he got limited screen time. In the second film even though it was 3 on 1 he killed prime, technically killed Sam made starscream his bitch. For me megatron in ROTF was very unbalanced decepticon, and he was not the megatron of the first film has we know he was put together fast.