Is Movie Jazz (G1 repaint) going to be hard to find? (specifically in the states)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ranoobu, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Is this figure SUPPOSE to be easy to find once it's out in distribution? or is this one of those limited in quantity? ..

2. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

These come in a case by themselves. 8 to a case. I think they'll be fairly easy find if you look around a bit.

If you don't get it within a month instore then you might not see it again. So, maybe the end of Sept/early Oct.

3. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

yeah I saw 8+ at target today and after i pick one up and starscream I saw a mid 40's guy putting 6 of them in his basket I asked him why he was getting so many and he plain out said " For Ebay " . Pretty pissed I told management and they made him put 4 back. Pretty sure if I didnt say anything they would have let him buy all of them though you just have hope there are more people questioning the scalpers.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Specifically in the states? G1 Jazz is a Target exclusive, and ONLY distributed in the US (for now, anyway, these kinds of exclusives can pop up elsewhere).

As long as a store's stock of Jazzes don't get bought out in one shot by scalpers, and actually make it to shelves, you have a chance.

5. ranoobu

News Credits:
    Yea. I guess i assumed too much thinking target is in other countries and that their exclusivity was global.. :)  oops?

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Heh. Do keep an eye out though, because rarely does a US-exclusive toy stay that way. The Target Scouts ended up in... somewhere in Europe... SDCC Alts and TRU Soundwave were sold as normal toys thanks to Hasbro Asia, Takara did and still does some USA Editions, and so on.

7. Pooky

Pooky Well-Known Member

Good for you. Score one for the collector.

8. ranoobu

News Credits:
    Wow, if it wasn't for pooky, i would have completely missed this post.

That takes guts!

ROCK ON :rock 

9. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

Thanks honestly though the guy was really over weight and look to be in poor shape and was walking around with a pizza from the Pizzahut that's in Target and really big Icee ... I could have tooken him if he wanted to start anything lol ..... the ole throw the pizza to left and dash to the right approach hahaha

10. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

When Target exclusives hit, they are usually widely available, but only for a few weeks... Then they go right to the clearance aisle.

If you want one, don't wait around.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's impossible to find in my area. I got lucky today and found 1 left.

12. jetrex

jetrex Transform and Roll Out!

Ebay:
    All I did was go to my local target give them the product code and one the stockers checked it on the computer. He told me he did have any but gave me a list of stores that did. So I rushed over to the closes one and had one stocker there go to the back and get me 2. One for me and one for a follow collector on this site. Oh!!! and before I had left the first store I picked up 2 G1 repaint Starscreams also!! ( They hadn't pulled them out to the shelves yet too!!)

13. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Care to share the SKU(barcode#) with us?

14. str8spd2001

str8spd2001 Well-Known Member

I think he's referring to Target DCPI number which is 087-06-0682. Just give them that number and they should be able to check stock room.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Izzo, good job giving management the heads-up on the scalper. Give kids an actual shot at these for once. Damn movie and unwanted scalper attention on the toys!

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Nice. Good work making the fat bastard put more effort into his scam.

17. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I saw an ebay listing where it said Starscream G1 deco was limited to 7000 pieces. I find that really hard to believe.

18. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    That is also the ONLY time exclusives have hit mainland Europe... so it's rather the exception than the rule ! I'd rather have G.1 Jazz + Starscream than those pesky energon/cybertron repaints.

19. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    how many target stores are in the US from what I got from a friend that works for target they got only 2 cases of each ( 4 total excul. cases ) to begin with so 16 jazzs and 8 starscreams to be put out in Oct. but with selves so empty they went ahead and put them out to at least look a little full.

20. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know about where you're at, but our Target has big signs up all over the toy aisles that say there's a limit of two per person per figure on collectables. And I've seen the checkers send people back for having too many when they get to the register. Target seems to be one of the better stores for protecting stock levels and not letting people just roam in and buy out huge numbers of the same figures. ESPECIALLY when it's a Target exclusive.