Is Miko insane?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by JimTheJIRRMan, Jul 10, 2011.

1. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    Maybe because she has a sense of adventure? I'd much rather be in the action than playing that racing game with raf and jack or stuck with my host parents who are scared of me.

2. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Miko kind of bugged me in this episode as well. I really hope they address her issue by placing her in jeopardy that actually has a lasting effect, like have her follow them through the ground bridge only to get herself captured or something. Just something to get her to stop putting everyone else at risk for the sake of her being "in the front row". She even bugged my wife a bit in the most recent episode, and that's the first time for her.

I like Miko, don't get me wrong. But I'd like to see her be taken down a peg or two. It's one thing to want to be involved and "have a sense of adventure", but she borders stupidity too many times for me to accept what she does as OK. You don't just put your friend's lives at risk just to see all the action. They take her out on patrols enough as it is, she should count herself lucky. But no, she has to jump in when she's told to stay behind. That's just asking to get killed, and it's a betrayal of the trust they give her.

Like I said, I like her, and I think this kind of thing is good for the show because it adds an extra dynamic. That's who Miko is. But I'd like to see her actually learn a lesson rather than believe she can get away with it all the time without consequence.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. megatronski

News Credits:
    I mean, i know it puts her and all the other kids in extreme danger, but how the fuck else would the kids become involved in the action? they'd just sit at base all day and get bored and eventually get bored and go home. i mean, we enjoy mostly robots, but the kids wanna see humans too. and having them go on a 'Scouting mission' with the bots and a decepticon appears would be a good answer, but that would result in the same fan-rage we're getting now, repetitive plot devices.

4. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    1 Yes Miko is insane and stupid. If you don't want to be around June here's and thought, GO THE PRIME HOME!! YOU IDOIT!!

2 June is awsome and loads better than Alexis.

5. megatronski

News Credits:
    i should really condense this all into one post, but heres something else:

Atleast she isnt as stupid as DOTM Carly to walk up to Megatron and call him a bitch.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Even the pre humans in Beast Wars were smarter then Miko. Atleast they could learn from the Maximals. Miko just shows up when the Autobots tell her to stay behind. Even after being trap outside the main universe she really does not listen or learns.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I've pretty much come to accept Miko as the reckless one that has no fear or common sense (depending on how you look at it).

It's good to see folks are starting to warm up to her - I thought she was pretty cool from the get go.

8. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

Although I will say she's starting to make some improvements. I hope she keeps it up though, or I may lose faith all over again.

9. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea she's insane, but she's still awesome! :lol 

11. megatronski

News Credits:
    Can i Resize this and Sig it?

12. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Go for it.

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I think that Miko was raised by very strict and controlling parents. I remember my roommate in college. He started out what many would consider normal. But after a month or so away from his parents he was dying his hair multicolored and different shades every week, he went completely goth/punk and started dressing in black and peircing ears, nose, etc. Then every few months, his hair would go back to normal, the nose and earrings would disappear and all the posters and oddities would disappear and be hidden under the bed. Yes his parents were coming to visit him.

Right now no one is really in control of Miko. She's away from home and her parents and for the first time (probably) gets to make her own decisions(not usually good ones though) Her host parents are afraid of her, and lets face it with the exception of Optimus, none of the autobots have really been able to stop her. So June shows up and now she has what she dreads an actual figure of authority. So she's going to go crazy just to prove she's still in control. Plus she's as many people say an adrenaline junkie. I'm waiting for the episode where her parents show up and she becomes a completely different person. Or they show up and are so horrified by her grades and attitude, that they decide to drag her back to Japan and she has to commute via ground bridge.

14. JimTheJIRRMan

JimTheJIRRMan Droop Snoot

News Credits:
    maybe it is stupid of carly, but she isn't a child, she is responsible for herself. Besides (Spoiler alert) she was right about megatron being Sentinel's bitch. If she hadn't said it, Optimus would be dead.

15. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I'd LOL if her Japan personality is a overprotected prim and proper rich girl heir.

Which bring a very good premise if the team visits Japan.

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Mmm... A few more years, Miko. A few more year- wait what

17. Bulkhead

Bulkhead Autobot General Counsel Veteran

News Credits:
    My problem with Miko (and this is perhaps more of a problem with certain aspects of the genre than it is about this show in particular) is that she shows absolutely NO character growth. For example, in Darkness Rising, she single handely put the kids (and ultimately the bots) in danger by running through the space bridge. She learned nothing from that adventure and pulls the same stunt in Shadowzone. There, she puts everyone in danger, but at the end takes responsibility for putting the kids in danger and implies that she's going to control herself going forward. Here we are two episodes later and she's right back at it, having learned no lesson. This sort of writing makes the kids feel less like characters and more like props (or plot devices. The only reason she was there was so there was an excuse to have a com line open in order for June to hear Arcee bitch about her. Writers could have solved that problem in a way that didn't require them to ignore other episodes). I'm really not interested in a Transformers TV show where the writing consists primarily of "How can we show how cool Miko is and get her into trouble so the Autobots have to bail her out again).

It's one thing to try to keep her fresh, it's another to ignore plot developments and the opportunity to show growth. At bottom, I'm tired of the character and wouldn't mind if they gave her a rest for the next few seasons.

18. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

19. megatronski

News Credits:
    Character growth? She has PLENTY of character growth compared to Raf. Raf is just a plot device with computers. he freaking has no development AT ALL. All he does is play that racing game and help with technoligy.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.