is megatron becoming posessed by unicron over time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Feb 2, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the reason i aks that question is because of the whole unicron matter and what frank wleker let slip over time about megatron being able to over time sense that unicron's will is growing stronger within megatrons person

basicly my question is this

how will it play out overtime for megatron's character?

to be honest the whole thing reminds me of what happened to energon megatron when he got drunk on unicrons power thinking he was in control of unicron when in reality it was really unicron posessing his person over time and forcing his will on megatron

doesnt matter which megatron it is

if there is one thing a megatron will never allow to happen to their person under any circumstances it is this

no opponent no matter how great or superior they are

no megatron will ever allow their will to be broken ever

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Transformers fans have to be the most literal bunch I've ever seen.

Also Unicron's possesion of Megatron was so glossed over in Energon I'm surprised anyone remembers it.

3. grimlock_king25

grimlock_king25 Hail to the king, baby

My guess is he will slowly become more powerful but also become more crazy and will eventually become Galvatron.

4. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

The idea is plausible

If Megatron does become Galvatron eventually then it'd be awesome to see the sweeps and cyclonus at on point

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

They say Dark Energon is Unicron's blood, but so far as we know it could just be a name attributed to it that has no real connection to Unicron outside of the detruction it could cause. Megatron never even says where the hell he got the stuff outside of "plucked from cosmic shores".

Plus, coming at it from the Hasbro-declared connection to WfC, Dark Energon can simply be manufactured (which totally does not mesh with the show at all, but Hasbro claims WfC and Prime are one and the same, sooo...)

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't think he'll become possessed, but I do think his use of it will have some side affects. Would be cool if he eventually lost his mind, rebuilt himself, and changed his name to "Galvatron". Would definitely be an interesting take on his traditional transition to his purple-self. Would also make more sense than most of the other time's we've seen a TF show's Megatron become Galvatron.

We'll just have to wait and see. For now I'm more curious about how he's going to make his return after that explosion...

Edit: As for Energon Galvatron, I have to be honest, I didn't know that he was possessed by Unicron. I just thought he was going crazy with the amount of power he absorbed from Unicron's spark...

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i actually think it would be pretty sweet if he had to struggle over time to control his own will as a person with it being a struggle for him over time due to unicron attempting to control him as a puppet over time

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, it has happen before.

9. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

An interesting theory I have.

If indeed Megatron does get possessed by Unicron over time, it might be cool to see him sort of become "Galvatron". HOWEVER, I think it should be done like Picard/Locutus where Megatron internally begins to fight back against Galvatron/Unicron, or maybe the rest of the Decepticons grow tired of his insanity and attempt to revert him? (except Starscream who would try to betray him and gain an upper hand) and ultimately MEgatron comes to his senses and rids himself of Dark Energon.

Maybe that in turn makes Unicron angry and so he starts coming for Earth? I dunno. I'd just leave Unicron out of it personally, but it's apparent he's already in there so.... yep. I'm just rambling here.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Actuallly, If I do recall, there was a bit during the behind the scenes in where Cullen and Welker were recording some audio that was not in the 5 parter.

To paraphrase, it went something along these lines:

Optimus: "Megatron, what is happening?"

Megatron: "It's Unicron...I can feel him getting stronger!"

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

thats what i was refering to in my first post about welker letting it slip about unicron growing stronger over time and megatron being able to sense it because of his bond with the dark energon

what i think would be very interesting would be for megatron to rebel agaisnt unicrons will to the point that megatron's role over time changes to that of a semi reformed villain turned anti hero kind of character that over time would come to gradually understand for himself that maybe he and optimus are not so very terribly differant from eachother after all as two persons fighting more or less for the same goals in each of thier lives even though their personel methods of achieving thier goals vary quite drasticly in how each goes about achievign thier goals

but with megatron actually having to wrestle with his desire to see optimus prime dead by his hands and his his hands alone

his desire to regain full control of his will over time and his lifelong rivalry with optimus prime being the 3 very things that give megatron the power to resist unicrons will as a temporary autobot ally for the period of time being that these events would happen in

in its way it would be a kind of positive character developement in which megatron would actually have to make a certain kind of sacrifice and compromise of his person i n his learning to tolerate primes exisitance as a living person as a way to safeguard his chances of regaining full control of his own personel will in the long term

12. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Megatron's dead, we saw 'em blow up. No one comes back from death.