Is Megan Fox's character not in the movie a big deal for you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer69, May 7, 2011.

1. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I know this may seem like a silly question, but I was on tumblr briefly and saw many people post things like this:

"Mmm probably not gonna watch it. Watching transformers without megan fox is like.. idk eating a hot dog without the sausage :/ I think the new girl is a vc model but still she ain’t got anythingg on megan fox".

"I’ve lost interest in Transformers 3 due to the fact that Megan Fox is no longer Mikaela".

"....anyways, another reason i am not too excited about this movie is because megan fox has been replaced by rosie huntington, a victoria’s secret model with lips the size of my fist."

*girl talking about what movies she wants to see* "Transformers 3 [Which made me die inside cuz of how amazing the graphics look and I just love the series, but sucks that Megan Fox isn’t in it]".

and last but not least, "OHMYGOD, How can Megan Fox NOT be in this movie? I mean their love was so believably and now it just ends with some new chick. I don't like how she's not in the movie anymore, It won't be the same".

Reading all of that made me so angry about how ignorant and superficial people are outside of the fandom when it comes to the Michael Bay Transformers movies, or Transformers in general.
    Personally, in reference to the first quote, I have seen transformers without Megan Fox, and it was the best damn hot dog I ever had. I know I watch the transformers movies for the transformers, not Megan Fox, but if that's not the case with some people, then I don't know. I seriously facepalmed when I read what people had to say!!!

So here's a few questions to you : Do you care about Megan Fox not being in the movie, or not at all? Did you buy their relationship in the first and second movies? Do you think these people's reactions are fair, and do you think the number of people going to see this movie will falter because of it?

Sorry if this thread has been done before guys, I'm newish here!

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

...is he/she joking?

3. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

He. And no I'm not. I'm sorry if you find this that this stupid, a mod can lock it I suppose. I guess the real title thread should have been, "LOL with me at the sillyness of people's reactions to her not being in DOTM". Sorry again, guys.

4. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Megan Fox's acting skills are only rivaled by a box of rocks.I'm not going to miss her one bit.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I really wished that Megan Fox had stayed, because I like her character as Mikaela. I do feel that things won't be the same with her not being in DOTM, but nonetheless I still plan on seeing the movie in theaters. I'm not going to let a little thing like Megan's character being replaced by a new character put a damper on my desire to see DOTM.

As for whether or not I find the relationship between Shia's and Megan's characters, well... the first movie, yes I totally bought their relationship, but the way their relationship was portrayed in ROTF could have been executed a little better. And it would have been really neat to see how far their relationship has gone had Megan stayed on for the filming of DOTM. I mean, it would have been a lot cool if it was Mikaela that Sam was going to Chicago in order to rescue her instead of Rosie's character, Carly.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Bay is no Joss Whedon when it comes to female characters so I can't think of any female character from any Micheal Bay movie that really stands out as more than just something pretty to look at. Honestly they all come across as the pretty young thing waiting for some man to come and save them.

So no I can't say that I'll miss Fox at all. Sure she is an attractive young woman, but her character just seemed to be there so they could follow the Hollywood pattern of the kind of geeky guy gets the hot girlfriend.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    She's a "meh" woman who's acting talent is worse that that of child actresses.

I actually enjoyed Kirsten Dunst in Interview with a Vampire more. A lot more. A lot more.

8. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Not one bit. It is a Transformers movie, if I wanted to see Megan Fox, I would go see one of those movies.

God forbid if we can't have Transformers without Megan Fox!:tumbleweed: 

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I really don't care. All Fox did was bring in the teenage kids.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It's a big deal to me, in that I'm experiencing a great deal of satisfaction that she's gone.

11. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

lets forget about the whole megan fox thing. without her in it, i feel they will be able to start fresh with characters in a way

12. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It is a big deal that they did not take out Sam also.

13. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It's more like eating a hot dog that isn't burnt, moldy and actually made of humans.

14. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Personally, I don't really care. It's not that I hate Megan Fox, it's just that there's some potential that can come from it story-wise.

And everyone who says "Maygan Fawks is wurst aktore/aktress evar" exaggerates beyond comprehension - she's not THAT bad. I'm not saying she's Oscar-worthy, but she's doing alright, if ya ask me. Seriously, I laugh every time I see a picture of Bella from TWILIGHT because she has the exact same expression in every single one of them. EXACT. SAME. EXPRESSION. At least Megan changes her expression. And don't even get me started on Justin Chatwin as Goku, or we'll be here all night.

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I don't miss her and her wooden stare one bit. She did little but run and follow Sam around. Also, Rosie may have mega lips but at least she doesn't have toes on here hands.

16. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I'm not going to miss her at all. I think it's good that they got someone new to come in and play a new character. Mixes things up a bit. But on that note, I could honestly care less if they made Betty White his love interest. I'm there to see the bots.

17. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

And this is demonstrated by the post examples from tumblr that the OP provided. Really, do any of those posts read like they were written by anyone older than 15?

The bottom line is most people won't even remember Fox after the first 15 minutes of the movie.

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'm an adult female and have neither hatred or love for Megan Fox.

I liked Mikaela and will miss the character. I'm also a fan of a cohesive story - and find "they broke up in the comics" to be lame writing.

In the end, I wouldn't call it a big deal. But I would have rather have had this movie be without a love interest.

19. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Nope. Couldn't stand her. At. All. Though I like how they've changed the relationship between the two and had them break up, whereas in most films the lead couple always stay together, regardless of what happens in the movie, I've always hated that

20. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

No she was ust eye candy anyways. I like her better then carly but my opinion doesn't matter on the subject.