Is Masterpiece Sideswipe is a complete waste?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starwave, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

Does anyone else feel Masterpiece Sideswipe is a complete waste? I mean yeah, the remold and repaint possibilities are off the scale, but the character isn't very important or influential to the series/franchise. I mean yeah, we are getting Soundwave too, but wouldn't you rather be getting Soundwave and Ironhide? Shockwave? Galvatron? Ratchet? I mean, even Bumblebee! It just feels to me like they could have made a more important/influential character before they make Sideswipe. Just my opinion, what are everyone else's thoughts?

2. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree that there would have been other characters I'd want to see first (for me, Hound, Jazz, Prowl, and Shockwave would all have be preferred). However, I am thrilled to death by the officially licensed Lambo, and I can see why they'd want to choose him as they get one immediate re-sue of the mold (and I still wouldn't be surprised if they tried to squeeze a Sunstreaker out of it). My money on the next G1 Autobot is Prowl for the simple fact that they can use it three times.

3. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    they just did the sideswipe masterpiece now because they got lamborgini licence to use it's car.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Bumblebee is a mess of problems.

5. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I wasn't aware it was all about getting a Lamborgini license. I guess that makes sense now. Still, I think they could have done a character a little more important than Sideswipe. At least we are getting Soundwave, though, so there's not much room to complain.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree with you, while there are a number of characters id like to see get MP designs, I see no problem with releasing him now.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I love that they're changing it up a bit and releasing a character like Sideswipe.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well look at it from a business stand point, more money from a straight repaint and one extra part in the mold.

9. smf2045

smf2045 Autobot Air Guardian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I happen to like Sideswipe, and I love Lamborghini cars. I own a G2 Sideswipe, and the Classics Sideswipe and Sunstreaker (but I'll probably never be able to afford an actual Lamborghini). If there is any way that I can find or afford the MP version of this guy, I'll have him. Besides, we're getting Soundwave too, and we'll never see the Megatron mold sold stateside (and I hear that it's not that great anyway), so who else are they gonna do? If I see another Bumblebee anything, I may puke...

10. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

masterpiece ironhide?

11. Skalor

Skalor Stunticon

Nice to see another Autobot to help balance things out a bit. Prime and Grimlock are badass, but have been having a hard time holding off all the seekers on my shelf. (Didn't care for the Rodimus or UM releases)

12. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I'll be sitting over here in my corner, waiting patiently for Soundwave and Shockwave.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Lamborghini Countach or Nissan Onebox Vanette? Hmm...

Characters aside, which of those is really the more appealing buy?

Besides, Nissan has no problem licensing out a likeness to TakaraTomy. They have to capitalize on getting Lamborghini to allow this.