Is Masterpiece Megatron really that fragile?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SimonMK, Apr 2, 2010.

1. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will soon have one but I am worried to transform it into his Gun mode, most my TF are in their Alt. mode to spare spaces until I have a shelve to have all of them stand.

I checked some video reviews and 1 guy had his Megatron broke in half before he could review it and another who said he will not transform it out of fear of breaking it.

2. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yes, MP Megatron is that fragile. I got mine I think last year, and I've only transformed him once.
    He has so many small parts (plastic) parts which are essential to his transformation that you really have to handle him with kids gloves, because those plastic parts are breakable.
    I'm sure that if those parts were made out of metal, he wouldn't be as fragile, but that's not the case.

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Yes he is !

4. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    I transform mine back and forth fine with no difficulties. Many people simply do not know how to handle their figures and transform them like ten year olds. That said, it sucks when you have to transform one extra slow and delicately like MP Megs. I still get it into alt mode quickly though. I do not like his thin and plastic feel. MP Prime is so much more sturdy.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just left MP Megs in Bot Mode. An over-sized hand gun looks stupid IMHO anyway.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not as much as people say, mine's been transformed carefully well over 100 times with little issue

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's not as bad as you think he is BUT still when transforming it the first time, I'd say just excercise a little caution dat's all.

After a few times doing it I'm sure you'll get the hang of it (sooner or later).

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm also on the fence about buying MP Megatron. How many people own a Megatron that suffers from Cosmic rust?

9. S.A.A.M.

S.A.A.M. Beta-Maximus

My MP Megs suffers from the cosmic rust on his feet. Also I broke his barrell. :( 

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Yes. :( 

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Mine does, but I hear it is easily cleanable (can't remember now, and havent had the urge or care to try it yet).

As for the original question, it definately isnt a kids toy. Just be careful. All my MPs have been sitting on the shelf in bot mode for a while now, and that's how they will stay for me. There are a lot more figures I would rather transform if I really need a fix.

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I dont think he's as fragile as everyone makes him out as. Yes, you need to be more careful than the average TF when transforming him but it's not too bad. I've TF'd mine a few times, although I do prefer him in 'bot mode so thats the way he stays more often than not. I havent noticed any cosmic rust on mine but he has been packed in his box for the past year and a half since we were moving and right now I dont have the space to display my full collection, so I havent actually looked at him since he was packed away.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If i bought him, i wouldn't bother transforming him- ever.
    Unless i managed to snag a second one. and the way i am with transformations these days, it would take about 3 days to transform him.

But really, i already own a G1 megs that i keep in gun mode, so the sole purpose of owning a MP Megs is to show off how his bot mode should have been in the first place.

also, i think his price alone affects his fragility. Mentally, he becomes a Faberge egg to me. Sturdy as MP Optimus may be, he's too expensive in my mind to just play with.
    I'll play with my TRU reissue instead, lol >8}

14. RainbowToeSocks

RainbowToeSocks Member

When I first bought him I transformed him to gun mode and then tried to transform him back but gave up.

For years he stayed in that mode.

I finally decided I wanted to display him in bot mode and I pulled out the instructions and It was actually pretty easy. There's four pieces that LOVE to pop off but with them gone it makes the whole thing a lot easier.
    It just takes some time

15. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

YES he is. I havn't even tryed to transform mine AT ALL for fear of breaking something on mine. I would NEVER try it unless you are willing to pony up the money to buy another one. I woudn't transform him AT ALL and just leave him in the condition of transformation he comes in which is robot mode.

16. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's not that fragile, really. The only parts that you have to be careful around are the little tabs on his shins. I transformed him in about an hour the first time (without using the instructions), and it takes me about 1/2 an hour these days.

All MP Megatrons suffer from rusty feet. I haven't cleaned mine yet because it honestly doesn't look that bad.

17. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

Let's just remind ourselves that while "Cosmic Rust" is the cute Transformers-ey "hey, I remember that episode!" life-imitating-art nickname, it's not rust, it's tarnish. It's common enough to be virtually ubiquitous, it's unfortunate, but it's treatable.

>AM<

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    MP Megs = Glassman :D 

19. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is cosmic rust that brown thing that appear on metallic part? So Megatron has some part made of metal like the Titanium series or MP Grimlock?

My MP Grimlock or Titaniums doesn't seem to have so brown rust on them.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He is definitely not as bad as some people say. He is kind of like ROTF Prime, he can be really hard and difficult when you don't know what you are doing, but once you TF him a few times, he is really satisfying.

I like him a lot but I can totally understand why some people hate him.