Is Lugnut the Animated incarnation of G1 Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Basketball Jones, Jan 8, 2008.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dunno. i have to hear him say 'bitches' first.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The last think I think of when I see Lugnutz is Shockwave. Other then being purple and having one eye, they're absolutely nothing a like. It's like saying Ironhide and Prime are similar because they're both red and have two eyes.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention Lugnut actualy got 5 eyes!

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Most likely not sine
    1.Shockwave is coming with g1 voice corey burton wootwoot
    2.Reminds me of movie blackout

5. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Shockwave will probably be the Marvel comic incarnation (finally!) with Corey's voice, while Lugnut fulfills the roll of the cartoon version.

6. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loyal to Megs

Powerful

Purplish

One eye

-close enough for me

7. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

When I first saw Lugnut I thought Shockwave but he isn't intelligent enough to be Shockwave. I always considered Shockwave as THE most intelligent and logical robot from either the Autobots or the Decepticons from the first two seasons of G1. That said I actually like Lugnut the most out of all the Transformers Animated cast because HE LOOKS LIKE A ROBOT unlike the rest of them (except perhaps Megatron). That alone makes him cool in my book.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Definately 2 different characters, and Shockwave will show up in the series. Look on most sites, Corey Burton is voicing him, and i read somewhere (though it was taken down later) that he would be a tank of some sorts. Which totally fits for the way he looks.

And i knew it wasnt him from the start-Lugnut has a mouth! unless of course they added a jaw to make him fit in with the pther Chinformers (read that once, love the phrase)

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

No resemblance whatsoever. He's loyal but that's about the extent of it.

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, no, never...

As he was described in the TF Animated Bible at unicron.com, Lugnut is more like a "cross between a manic street preacher, a bulldog and a klingon". :)  IMHO, he reminds me a lot of BW Inferno, except thankfully he doesn't call Megatron his queen...

As a big Shocky fan I can't wait for him to appear, but judging by the episode synopsises, he's not in Season 1.

Another interesting thing is, Shockwave cannot be 'left behind' on Cybertron now, as Ultra Magnus and Ratchet stated more then once that the Cons have been banished from Autobot territory eons ago...

... unless... and which would make a pretty good plot - Shockwave, the ever-logical, when the war ended, decided to leave the Decepticons and offer his useful services up to the Autobots and has become a figure of high importance on Cybertron. And of course, waiting for the time when switching sides again would be the only logical course of action.

I'm really hoping they'll be playing Shockwave more along the lines of his Marvel/DW characterisation, more like a potential rival to Megatron then his loyal lapdog like in the cartoon. One of the funnest moments from Marvel were when Shockwave took command from Megs, proving he's as powerful as he can be, and then giving the reign of powers back or agreeing for joint leadership when the situation made it the logical choice - because he's led by reason and logic, not ego or ambitions.

If Shocky will be portrayed like this, it'll be interesting to see how he and Prowl interact. It'd even be a good idea to have him be Prowl's Circuit-Su teacher.... :) 

11. Johnator

I think that would be a REALLY good and in-depth story arc. I like this idea a lot and hopefully the writers use some plots like this in the show.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    actually, there is something in an episode synopsis thing that Bumblebee is on the trail of an autobot traitor-Shockwave?

13. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Perhaps there are 'races' or 'models', much like the coneheads and seekers, there are 'cyclops' (whatever the plural is).

14. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It could be, but I think it might be Ironhide who's the traitor... or a Doubledealer cameo would be nice, but unlikely.

At any rate, Hasbro has the rights again to Shockwave's name (see Robot Heroes Shocky last year) so I hope he gets used. And he'll be most likely distinct enough to tell apart from Bulkhead like being not as bulky, having a yellow optic and his trademark 'Spock ears', and of course, one of his hands ending in a gun. What he will transform into, is not as important for me as much as how he looks like in robot mode. And seeing Animated Soundwave, they could achieve that G1 look easily.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Welcome Class to another of Autovolt's Simiilarities and differences.

Shockwave and lugnutz are purple and have one eye,

Have eternal Loyalty towards Megatron

Shockwave was the name of Tidal Wave in Armada/Energon. He was purple in Micron Legends.

Differences.

Lugnuts =Stupid,Strong

Shockwave = Genius.

Other than theuy're intteligence they' almost bros.

16. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 cartoon Shockwave was loyal to Megatron. G1 comic Shockwave was most definitly NOT.

G1 Cartoon Shockwave was pretty much Soundwave, minus the voice and in purple. No wonder no-one thinks him memorable for his "Cybertron shall remain exactly as you left it" routine (which he stood for, as he did nothing at all for 4 million year). Everyone I know prefers Shocky's comic version, and I hope that's the version Animated will use.

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No. And I think this is sort of a silly comparison--I can't see much between the two beyond a (very) superficial physical resemblance.

18. Johnator

Agreed

19. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I have a feeling people are going to react to TF:A Shockwave the same way they reacted to Prime's flames in the movie.

Some will love it as fresh and new and an interesting take on an old character, and some will hate it with an intense burning passion that makes them want to pee blood because it's not the exact same as G1 Shockwave.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'll like him pretty much no matter what, especially if he gets a toy (preferably voyager sized). Then again I'm one who had no problems with Prime's flames in the movie, and don't really have any complaints about anything like it.