Is Liokiaser or predaking is the most powerful gestalt?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sixshotninja, Oct 12, 2010.

1. sixshotninja

sixshotninja Breastmaster!

Sorry if this has been posted up before but I guess I am just curious to hear other opinions.

The question is not who would win in a fight between Liokaiser and Predaking but who is arguably the most powerful between the two?

Predaking one of my all time favourites, has long been considered by many as the strongest gestalt but in my recollection I don't remember him doing too much in the series or have any notable wins but was getting regularly beaten by sky lynx.

Liokaiser on the other hand was single handedly laying the smack down on star saber and then proceeding to beat the hell out of god ginrai... two powered up Autobot Commanders! It took the combined forces of God Ginrai and Star Saber to force Liokaiser to flee.

So who is the most powerful TF gestalt/ combiner: Liokaiser or Predaking?

It would interesting to hear your thoughts on this one.

2. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well you just kinda answered your own question there, Liokaiser. With shows like this the further along you got the stronger characters have to get (Dragon Ball Z Syndrome) so a character who kicks serious ass in victory could probably solo the entire G1 universe.

Thats said Preds is a favourite of mine too, but alas it totally outclassed here.

3. sixshotninja

LOL, I was hoping someone would enlighten me and state some positive facts about Predaking that I didn't know. If it came down to it I see liokaiser as a samurai/ ninja style warrior and predaking as a barbarian/ viking... both with the killer instinct and equally dangerous! Maybe Predaking has more firepower?

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I say Predaking. For a brute his size, he's blindingly fast. Just take a look at his bio:

Who's Who in the Transformers Universe

That fearsome firepower he packs, plus his force-shield, are just icing on the cake.

5. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    true, Now that im awake and thinking about it. Liokaiser has trouble holding it together is one or more individual gets distracted. Predaking as no such problem. So if that happen and Liokaiser lost if for a minute Predaking MIGHT be able to do damage them.

but if Liokaiser is totally focused im back to my original statement of no contest.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Liokaiser, he is just an uber powerful badass

Predaking is just lame

7. sixshotninja

"Predaking has no known weaknesses" How is that possible? And damn, according to his bio he's fast! Maybe the gen1 cartoon didn't do him much justice.

Oh and I think hellbat is the weak leg out of the Liokaiser team.... but I don't remember them having conflicting personality issues during battle like menasor or the constructicons.

8. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back to the Dragon Ball Z analogy. Take Frieza when he first appeared insanely powerful, wiped the floor with everyone, The only way he was stopped was Goku powering up after his friend was killed. Now fast forward to the Buu Saga every fighter in that except maybe Videl if you sent them back to Frieza would destroy him with both arms tied behind their backs.

Its just a power creep we have to accept.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You don't say.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The problem is that a Decepticon character will be as powerful as the story calls for, for better or worse. That means that strength can vary wildly from one episode to another, and the "weakening" of characters is common in the Japanese shows as new characters are introduced. So it's really tough to say who's the most powerful.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    As mentioned, appearances in fiction are entirely story based. Sky Lynx had an expensive toy and so to sell toys, he made Predaking his bitch.

Many characters are completely invincible and can pwn anything in their first appearance, moreso in Japanese shows then in US ones.

When you start looking at profiles, well, that's a different story. Piranacon - Who's Who in the Transformers Universe

He's 160,000 times stronger than Bruticus, 16,667 times stronger than Computron, 8,000 times stronger than Predaking, and 57 times stronger then Metroplex! Furthermore, strength is meaningless without the endurance to handle it; even if you can lift a car it doesn't mean much if the process tears your arms off. So he's also got to be able to match that strength with apropriate fortitude, which given the numbers must make him ridiculously resiliant to anything that can be lobbed against him.

His gun shoots metal eating corrosives on top of that.

12. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Good golly damn he's powerful! But only fifteen miles per hour? man that's slow. Wouldn't want to mess with him If I were Predaking.

13. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just based on the cartoon, Lio Kaiser. Predaking never got a chance to be awesome in Season 3 or Headmasters.

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    It's not much of a fair comparison, really. Liokaiser is a borderline super robot. That would be like trying to compare a normal Gundam with anything from G Gundam.

15. sixshotninja

I guess each to their own, I put liokiaser and Predaking down for comparison because:

A> They're both gestalts

B> They tend to be the only two heavy weights you think of when discussing the most "powerful combiner" in the TF universe.

I still can't get over the fact that Predaking has no known weaknesses...

16. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd take that no known weaknesses with a pinch of salt, I'd take it as it only applies to the comic continuity as of when it was written. He was the Beast of his time, but as time moved on things change and no one updated the bio.

Its like go back in time 50 years or so, and they will probably tell ya smoke as much as you can, cigarettes make you like longer.

17. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    If you go by the cartoon, Liokaiser by a long shot.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

There is a disconnect between Predaking's bio and what the writers did to him in the cartoons (and to lesser extend the comics). If we take his bio at face value, there are very few Autobots in G1 who can stand up to him. But I guess in the grand scheme of things they want to sell toys and if they don't make that Sky Lynx powerful enough to stand up to Pred then every kid in America would rather play with Pred. Oh well I still consider Predaking to be the most powerful combiner in G1 and among the most powerful Decepticons ever. Canon be damned.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It's not that uncommon.

Piranacon: Piranacon has no known physical weaknesses. His one track mind often prevents him from accepting the advice and help of others, usually to his detriment. He jeopardizes his well-being by not attending to his own basic needs, such as refueling and removing rust spots.

Megatron: Megatron has no known weaknesses.

Trypticon: Trypticon has no known weaknesses.

Essentially it makes more sense to imply that it means there's no easy way to beat them rather then they can't be harmed by anything.

Actually in the US comics, he was a "hi and die" one appearance character. Shockwave sicced them on Megatron who defeated him.

All the Decepticon Megaformers (Gestalts and Cityformers) were severely shortchanged when you look at their bio/profile/tech specs and then at their appearances in any media.

20. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go out on a tangent and say that the only thing that can truly defeat Predaking is the Matrix of Leadership. Liokaiser can be defeated, you only need Victory Leo to destroy him. The Matrix destroyed Unicron, why can't it destroy Predaking?