is landcross worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wheeljaxx, Jun 18, 2007.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I'm thinking of looking for a landcross reissue at botcon, or atleast 2 of the bots
    (the two legs) just to mess around with. the combined mode looks wanky, but since you can combine any of the two bots together, by looks i think the coolest set would be the two legs combined as one.

any thoughts, or if anybody has him/ them, can you post pics of teh two legs combined.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    The combined form is crap and not very solid. Individual toys are okay. It's more fun to "powerlink" them than to combine them all.

3. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    He's a tempting Gestalt to purchase. Not yet have I purchased him.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    He was worth $100 for the giftset I wouldnt pay anymore. Reissue you can get cheap he is alright.

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

yeah, from everything i've seen, that seems to be the case... just by looks, he looks like he's poorly built to combine, but i have seen some low res pics of the back of the box with the combination grid, and it looks like some of them can be pretty decent, which is why i'd like to see a GOOD pic of the 2 legs combined as a powerlink bot.

the whols set is under $30 on ebay, so i'm hoping to find teh two i want for $5 each or so, no big waste, but it would be a nice addition to the diverse-ness of my collection, to have them atleast represented in the collection somehow.

6. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i had a high end KO of him that i just traded last week. Pretty cool but odd.

He looks kind of skinny but has more believable limbs (i.e. its not a helicopter with a fist in the windshield ala bruticus)

the combined mode is held together by very tiny clips , and on webber ( waver?) the clip actually flips out on a hinge making it very susceptible to breaking.

The chest piece is actually Mach's ( space shuttle) wings. And all the guns can clip together to make one super gun in the style of Moe on that episode of the Simpsons where homer gets a gun.

The individual bots are pretty cool, the link mode is pretty much an early version of Energon type super linking.

But all in all , i wasnt too impressed and he looks kind of out of place with the early gestalts.

7. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i also got the nice high end KO i have to agree the gestalt is kinda floopy. but i do love the super gun and the indivdual combos are cool but i have a lineup of gestalts and they just wouldnt fit in.

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The combined mode looks good... but looks dont carry over to playability. It is a G1 combiner so while you dont have much, there is some, the combined guns make an awesome looking weapon for him. The real thing to enjoy is the origins of powerlinking, works the same way as the Energon figures except combined characters all have new heads which is a great touch. They're basically big Micromasters as far as playability goes so you really have to like the gimmick. I do like it, so I quite enjoy the set.

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    If your gonna get the reissue spend a little more and get the chase black version. It looks way better. IMO

10. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

so nobody has one to take a shot for me?

i don't want the whole thing, i just want the two legs,

and megamus....

yeah, i like the black version of sixturbo i have, so IF I CAN FIND THEM, i probbably will end up getting teh black repaints of the twi i want as well.

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

YES!!

now this i can live with..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
  13. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

14. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    They are very blocky toys with hardly any articulation. I was very underwhelmed when I got this set. They're ok but many of the older scramble city combiners are way better than this set IMO. As said before, they are actually better powlinked than combined into one bot.

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I was buying some TF myclone sets from a guy on eBay, and I checked his other auctions and ended up impulse buying the black Landcross set from him too.

It's not completely underwhelming, combining pairs or all six works as advertised, but all of them are pretty much based around the same chassis of body parts as they are too small to attempt the kind of variation seen in, oh say Energon's powerlinking Autobots (which themselves didn't seem to vary much from a main theme in how they went into powerlink mode). Though they do have one thing over the Engergon guys, each has a head for single-bot mode and a different slightly larger head for shirt mode.

16. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

I love my Landcross, but I'm a gestalt junkie. The combined mode is kinda floppy, but the variations on the various parts is good fun.

17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

My answer to this question is "no". I bought the re-issue set, and the ONLY reason I don't COMPLETLY regret it is because the guns(all of them) fit into Classics Bumblebee's fist holes. I'd even be willing to part with the robots real cheap. You won't get the guns, 'though.

18. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    if you like the japanese figure line or if you really like the different combiner groups then yes it would probably be worth it. I picked up the original a couple year back and have since sold it. The articulation is great in the combined mode.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I got a reissue for cheap, I don't regret it at all. I just leave him combined on the shelf.

Then again, I've never regretted ANY TF purchase.

20. KYQ

KYQ The MSG Man

As the others have said, he's pretty floppy and looks kinda odd in Gestault mode, but you can get some nice robot modes from smaller pairs.

To me? He's Victory. He'll always be worth it.

[​IMG]