Customs: IS KOREAN PRIME A KO OR NOT WHATS YOUR OPINION?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by anovasinn, Apr 27, 2008.

1. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

WELL I ORIGINALLY STARTED THIS POST TO GET OPINIONS ON WIETHER TO BASH THIS HTF GEM OR NOT. WELL I HAVE DECIDED NOT TO FOR NOW AND WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES OPINION ON WIETHER THIS IS A BOOTLEG OR NOT.
    JASON JUPITER (BELOW vvv) BROUGHT UP A VERY GOOD POINT I NEVER HEARD BEFORE. SO WHAT DO THE REST OF YOU OF TFW2005.COM THINK?

OH YEAH ELBOWS ARE FIXED YAY!

well it came in today for those who dont know this thing is epic one of the coolest toys i have ever put my hands on. looks like i am going to have to cast the new elbow jonts, and make new ones from resin. one thing that baffles me is why anyone ever thought it was officail it is obvioce when you have one it is a knock off or bootleg. anyways here are some better pics i will post some alt mode pics later

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AS IN ABOVE IMAGE APARENTLY THIS COMPANY HAD SOME BIG BALLS TO PRINT HASBRO ON THE BOX IF IT IS A BOOTLEG.

Attached Files:

2. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt bash it!! I know people who want one of those, including me!!!

3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Ah, but if you've got to fix it up anyway, surely that's value off your investment? I'd bash it :D 

Maybe make him into an oversized Diaclone Convoy, that might be fun... or just pick a colour scheme you think looks cool & unusual, regardless of previous Prime repaint schemes... make it unique. Hefty amounts of chrome & black with a dash of yellow, or something :drunk 

4. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

nooo...it's mirror verse g1 prime!

5. anovasinn

thats what i was thinking as well the elbows are broke i have to repair why not bash.

diaclone is a sweet idea well it is either going to be diaclone or g1 prime if i do it. but i am still on the fence about it.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Try getting another one (if you can). I like the idea of having a backup of the original figure you're going to bash. That's assuming you like the original.

Are you only going to be fixing that arms? I suppose you could get the parts from another KO Prime or a junker perhaps.

7. anovasinn

i may be able to get another but they are a pretty penny when you do find them. i got lucky and got this one through a commision for a custom. as far as fixing the arms oh defenatly yes no matter if i bash or not. i will probably make the pieces i need rather than trying to find replacement parts. i like the original just not as much as the g1 or diaclone style.

8. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

hey matt, the broken arm is an easy fix, just drill a new hole and find a plastic or metal rod to use as a new post.

i would just fix the arms and leave the figure as is. i think it's pretty debatable on whether or not this figure is authentic....it was first labeled as a bootleg by ebay sellers and the association spread from there. there are lots of thing which make the figure seem "bootleg".

after studying the figure other "g2" korean releases and foreign releases i have a gut feeling this may have been a licensed release. people complain about the shoddy quality or lack of hasbro copyrights but at the same time, no one questions similar discrepancies in the estrela and antex releases in south america....

i would keep it as intact and "original" as possible, it may turn out to be a very interesting part of TF-histoy.

no one else notices the giant blitzwing? =D

9. anovasinn

WOW i did not know it was still in the air on if it was an official release or not. well you have seen the quality first hand and know the quality issues. I have a gut feeling it is never going to be settled and always debated :)  lol.

yeah the giant blitzwing had to be in the shot i think they are to scale with each other.

thanks everybody for your intrest. oh yeah i put some batteries in the sound box i was hoping for some cool sounds but the sounds that came out made me wanna cry. :(  lol

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Where exactly did you find this guy?

11. anovasinn

i got this one from a friend i think he bought it from a guy here in the states on ebay. its rather well known among ko collectors . i am new to collecting transformers so i just found out about the exsistace of this guy last december. thats when i started studying about tf ko's on the internet. also this guy is really hard to find on ebay when it does come along it does not ever seem to be listed the same way twice.

until recently i thought it was just another ko that was just more interesting and expensive than most . after what jason had to say i was hoping that someone else on here had an opinion.

i have about a dozen or more different ko's some are really good some are ok, but i have never seen one that claimed an affiliation with hasbro before though. so that was my point of debate.

12. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

i want that ko or w/e it is