Is it wrong? TF relationships.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    So I seen a lot of fics before we knew Sari was Cybertronian that were Bumblebee and Sari in a relationship. I thought it was a disturbing idea. But then in G1 there was Skids and Charlene(that was her name right?) and Powerglide and that girl. But also we have seen Cybertronian relationships Silverbolt and Blackarachnia, Rattrap and Botanica, Elita and Optimus, Springer and Arcee, etc. Even little Holi had a gf on the micro planet.

I was thinking back to before Animated aired, someone from the production team(I think) had said there would be a reason to why Sari was a girl. I don't think that ever got revealed. So I am the romantic, I did want to see some kind of love between Bumblebee and Sari in the show, but being she is half organic, do you think that is wrong? and I don't mean M rated, censored love >_<.

2. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

it's quite a grown up storyline that would need to be handled well, and would rely on the viewer/reader forming a well-considered conclusion about the relationship between a birl and her 'bot. it'd also bring up a host of other Big Questions that would need to be handled deftly and intelligently: are the TFs truly sentient, do they have a soul, what is love etc.

It's not what i want from my Big Stompy Robots fix, but i guess the whole urequited/unrequitable love thing would be interesting to somebody (Hell, the kidz lapped it up in Buffy and more recently in wanky pubescent emofest Twilight) but it'd be one for the comics rather than the saturday-morning kids cartoons i suspect.

or it could end up being a kissplayers erotic schoolgirl adventure, which would probably do quite well too sadly.

3. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

No thank you. Just blow shit up, please.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In b4 Rule 34

5. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Kind of makes me wonder what kind of parts Sari does have.... I honestly would have never thought of that if you didn't the rule. GOOD JOB.

6. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

thats the point really not to know.
    so that fanfiction writers, can use their imagination to create those situations of "robotic love". Plus it kinda shows that their not so "I. AM. A. ROBOT." robot. and can have compassion for one another....
    even though they keep saying that their brothers and sisters..... :3

7. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This to an extent.

I have no interest in seeing a transformers love story. There is enough of that BS everywhere else

8. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Yes, what a horrible show it would be if these robots had feelings.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well on one hand, as sentient beings with emotions, needs and wants, relationships are possible upto and including romantic involvement with another being.

On the other hand, as you can see by some of the dismal wastes of celluloid called 'romantic comedies' and written drivel such as Twilight, we have enough trouble depicting romance and sexual desire for characters who are HUMANS (or close facsimile thereof) in our fiction. I'm not sure the world is ready for a love story (even as a small aside) between two Autobots on the big screen.

Its something I support in the media of Transformers, provided the writers handle it with at least some respect and appropriate pitch for the intended audience.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Tread very carefully here, people.

That said, I never really liked the habit of writing any female character into a relationship just for the hell of it. That's why I liked G1 Arcee being able to function as a "single" character for the most part. Sure, she was pink and had the default maternal instinct that's all standard issue for "the girl." But other than hints she was never outright labelled as Springer's chick. That's my take on it, anyways.

11. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Well-Known Member

Nothing sad about that. Quite invigorating actually.

12. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

USB Type A Female, obviously

13. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

also, isn't Sari 8 years old or something?

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Depends..I think she got older after the upgrade...

15. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

unless she magick'd time, she's still 8.

actually, she's now a teenager with the mind on an 8 year old. which is even more creepy.

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I certainly don't think it's wrong to pair TFs in love relationships, be it implied in the series or written in fanfics. True, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's what helps establish the fact that the TFs are more than just robots... they can act, think, and feel like humans.

17. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I'd probably have to agree with this. As long as things don't get too creepy i.e. Kissplayers, and the girl doesn't simply exist just to be someone's girlfriend, I'm fine with it.

18. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Well-Known Member

KISSPlayers was good wholesome fun and we should've had more of them.

19. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no offense...but if this stuff happened in animaated it would be on "Adult Swim"

no thanks if anyone remembers Starscream and alexis.........

no

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I've got nothing wrong with the concept of romance and relationships in transformers, though let's face it, its a franchise where it doesn't fit that well, compared to others. Furthermore, since there really isn't a sexual aspect to the Transformers (at least, there hasn't been and I hope to hell there won't be), the concept of romance isn't really all that necessary, though I could definitely see a basis for platonic or familial relationships. The same people fighting side by side for years and years are going to form a close bond.

That being said, in terms of official and fan fiction, one of the things I hate hearing about is when two (usually popular) characters are pigeon-holed into a relationship with either no real reasoning behind it, or a gross exaggeration of their previously established relationship. Prime and Ironhide have been friends like forever, sure, fine, doesn't mean they get it on robosexually every night. If someone wanted to approach the idea in the tf universe, I think it would be a lot better if they created new characters such that the relationship would actually make sense.