Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by War Bearer, Jan 11, 2006.

1. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

Is it worth it to buy Beast Wars 1oth Anniversary? These toys are repainted to look like the TV show but they cost more and it cost 30 bucks to make Transmutate.

2. Neo

Neo The One

I got the first wave and was mightily impressed with the repaints. I opened them to transform them and check both modes and I really liked them. If you have the originals for all of them then I suppose you don't really have to get them. For 14.99 I was definatly going to buy them...

3. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im getting them even though I got the originals. I like the new colors, except Dinobot, he looks bad, but Ill get him because hes one of the coolest TFs ever! :rock 

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Hmm, as cool as they are I may get them only to peg them up on my wall. They are pretty nice, but would be nicer if they had their original $10 price point.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I have the 10th Ann. Waspinator and I love that funny talkin' son of a gun.

I think your math is a bit off. To complete Transmuate will cost $90 US (6 * $15)... unless you know a really good place to buy these figures

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Saw them today... Passed...

7. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I'm going to get Dinobot, Rhinox, Ratrap and Waspinator. Can;t wait to see if they release a Scorponok or Megatron. The only thing is I have to order them, which takes to long and costs alot.

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Personally, I think they're worth it. Then again, the only one of the six molds I own is Dinobot and mine is actually the Wal-Mart Grimlock repaint.

I think the $30 for Transmutate is supposed to be the extra $5 the Beast Wars figures cost compared to their original retail price of $10.

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    It'll cost you $90 to complete Trans-Mutate... but even still, I think they are totally worth it. I have, or am in the process of getting all the originals, so I'm not even penning these guys. Well, maybe Waspy, just because he rules... but even still it's totally worth it to me.

I guess it all depends on how big of a Beast Wars fanatic you are.

I for one, want all the show characters to get re-issued. Then maybe the best of the best non-show guys...

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Having limited myself to only characters that appeared on the show, I have all the originals, and I think it's worth it. Because I collected based solely on the show, having more accurate, certainly better, paint apps is worth it..and we get a one-shot figure that we probably couldn't have gotten any other way. And the $90 ain't as much money as it used to be.

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I think there worth it, but only if you don’t already have opened originals. I actually find I like the original paints better then the new ones but that’s just me, but as for the moulds go, there all solid and fun to play with, not to mention highly recommended. I know I recently pulled out a lot of my old BW stuff and I had forgotten how awesome BW actually was, good times and memories :thumb 

Kinda wished they did an original Rattrap/Terrorsaur 2 pack but again that’s just me :D 

Hopefully we’ll see more announced soon as well (Oh please say were getting Rampage and Depth Charge)

Also you might want to check out recent articles written by TFW2005’s own Article Guys as well on these toys as they do good reviews so I would defiantly check them out too :thumb 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers16.html

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Also worth noting that I'm glad we got TM Rattrap since, last time I checked, he was the only Transmetal I had that had the dreaded cracking/chipping. The others were fine, but all the vacmetal parts on Rattrap were flaking off, his tail completely so.

Been a while since I've checked them though. They're all in storage so the rest may be worse off. :( 

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear that, fortunatly a lot of my Transmetals have stood up pretty well but some are worse for ware then others :(  that’s why I want Rampage and Depth Charge reissues so bad, there my 2 fav BW figs but they both especially Rampage flake like crazy :( 

14. Boo

Ebay:
    Definitely NOT just you. I just tracked down adn overpaid for loose complete originals... actually two Rattraps, only one was complete, but the complete one was incredibly loose so i did some part switching to get a great condition Ratty. I also just recently [on Christmas day] bought a MOSC Terrorsaur for only $20 shipped... but it's taking forever to get here. They are possibly my two favourite molds, aside from Ultra Primal and Megatron, from the pre-TM era.

I'd probably buy like 2 Ratty vs. Terrorsaur boxed sets.:) 

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice, I always loved these 2 guys, probably 2 of my top basic's of all time, always been meaning to track down a MOSC Rattrap to add to the collection but always seemed to never get around to it, have a loose one but its pretty floppy, at least I have a nice stiff Botcon Packrat but I don’t wanna play with him lol.

Well here's hoping we’ll see them at any rate, a 2 pack of these guys all boxed up makes such sense too.

16. Boo

Ebay:
    It certainly does. Or maybe even pack in Terrorsaur with the upcoming Megatron, and Ratty with Primal. I'd easily pay a few more bucks for something like that... $20 for a new-mold deluxe, a basic, and a DVD sounds reasonable to me. From both the consumer and production sides.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's been said (or just speculated) that the basic Rattrap mold is missing for now, which is part of why TM Rattrap is the only Transmetal in the 10th anniversary line (so far).

Either way, I broke down and Ebayed myself a Rattrap to pal around with the 10th anniversary guys.

18. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

I saw them in the store and passed too. I liked and enjoyed the show but the figures just don't do it for me. Molds may be fun but the actual look of the figures doesn't fly with me.

19. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

I think it's worth it. Of course, I was never able to find these guys the first time around, either, so their all new to me. But their great molds, plus they come with a piece for Transmutate, so the extra five bucks over the old price doesn't seem too bad.
    I can't wait to find the rest of them, and I hope they release more than the ones that have been announced so far.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's worth it I suppose if you don't already own the originals. Also the fact that they come with parts to make Transmutate... well... Transmutate actually kind of sucks. Also, the DVD pack-ins are kind of pointless for the group that are mainly going to buy these things... most of the BW fans probably own all three DVD box sets and I really doubt kids are going to sit there and pick up characters they probably know nothing about.

As far as the molds themselves go... I wish we had gotten some new molds for all of the figures instead of just getting new molds for Megs and Primal. Most of the molds just aren't show accurate. Guess I'm complaining too much....