Is it worth buying G1 lots?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by CompuGlobal HyperMegatron, Sep 28, 2007.

1. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I've looked at a few lots here and there, and always wondered if it was worth buying them. I'm concerned that most parts will be broken/missing, or they'd sell the figure seperately. Any insight would be appreciated!

2. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I been buying lots lately have been getting good luck with them. On the odd occassion I get one or two bots who are in really bad condition or broken. I find them sometime cheaper than buying bots individually.

My only problem with lots is I am starting to accumulate multiples of the same bots. I have 4 twin twists and 6 Slags and a ton of insecticons from buying lots.

3. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

But couldn't you turn around and sell the doubles on eBay and break even/make money?

4. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    Yup, just been lazy about it.

And I kinda like my 6 slags......

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm buying lots if there's at least one figure I don't have. I'm seeing about half of them are "this is junk" and half are "I don't know what the hell I have here".

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Nearly my entire collection was built with lots purchases. The unneeded stuff just gets resold on eBay or here, or traded for more Transformers. It's a little extra work, but it makes everything cheaper in the end.

7. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

Which insecticons do you have and are they in good shape. I am trying to complete my dinobot collection (Snarl and swoop is all I have left) and I will be moving on to the insecticons next so I will be looking at acquiring them.

8. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I like the lots "a lot"

I replaced toys I got as a kid with ones in better shape by doing this. Usually find one or two toys per lot that I think I really need and the rest get resold here or used for parts to fix ones I have.

Good luck with them... I think in the last 3 months I've only won a single lot auction :(