is it wierd that i preferred rotf?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Defenestrator, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

I know rotf was a massive clustercuss, but it just felt more fun than this one.. maybe its the con fan in me traumatised by all the losses, maybe its just coz this one is so final, but to me rotf was sweet n sour, dotm was a Lil bitter. Anyone else get this?

Don't get me wrong,.loved dotm,

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. DOTM superior, ROTF inferior.

3. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

It's probably a bit unusual. Both films had Prime slicing through Decepticons fairly effortlessly IMO.
    Maybe ROTF seemed more of an adventure to you as the Decepticons hadn't really set a clear endgame until the Fallen got to Egypt? In DOTM the Autobots were seemingly more reactionary to a Decepticon scheme, so there was no room for exploration and such.

Perhaps it is that the ending wasn't really a satisfying resolution as many other people have stated?

I'd be interested to know, as I'm clearly favouring DOTM.

4. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Someone in the theatre I was in said this also.....

We, of course, killed him for his insolence.....

....Just kidding.

You aren't alone....but I do believe you will be in the minority. I felt this film was far better than ROTF....just MHO.

Dex

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I kinda see where you are coming from with it... with DOTM, I know the series is pretty much over. All the main Decepticons are dead. With ROTF, I could easily assume there was more of the story to tell.

The finality of DOTM does kind of take a little bit of enjoyment away, knowing that this story is now over.

6. MCurry01

MCurry01 New Member

I also preferred RotF to DotM. I thought it worked better as a film. Maybe it was because the ridiculousness of that film wasn't being played against a devastated Chicago and mob-style assassinations of Autobots.

Seriously, you had the good guys get captured off screen just to do that scene? Terrible filmmaking.

7. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

Yep, very weird. Like people who are into S&M.

Its punishment to the majority of the human race, but a few get some sort of kick from it.

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Only an uncharismatic boar like you would fine DOTM superior.

:D 

I thought this one was much better too.

9. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I heard MANY people in the theater after the movie saying that it was better then the second movie. Heck, people clapped at the end of DOTM. That didn't happen at the end of ROTF.

10. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

no body calls that guy uncharismatic!

11. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

You realize that pretty much all the cons in ROTF save for Megatron and Starscream died right?

12. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    DOTM > ROTF

Hell people clapped at the end of DOTM, I can't remember that happening for any other movie I've seen

13. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I love both but DOTM had a stronger plot. I love Sentinel Prime alot. He might just turn out to be my favorite character of the series

14. ironskull08

ironskull08 Dag-nabbit.

That

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I found RotF to be a miserable failure on every level. Not just as a Transformers film, but as a film, period. DotM was scores better. Still too much time spent on the military, but all my other complaints (Megan Fox, Leo, the moron twins, humping dogs, awful humor) were eliminated.

16. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    DOTM is the better movie, I think. The only thing that nags at me is the sense of finality...of course they can come up with some storytelling cheat to make sequels in the same continuity, but at the end of the first movie you have Prime calling more Autobots to Earth, and at the end of ROTF you have Megs and Screamer leaving with the "This isn't over" comment. The lack of something like that at the end of DOTM is a slight downer to me, so immediately upon leaving I can understand why someone might prefer ROTF, if they're like me and enjoy coming up with "what if" scenarios or wondering what will happen next. There's not a lot of room to do that at the end of DOTM.