is it time travel or a ressurection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MTME, Feb 8, 2011.

?

Is it time travel or resurection?

1. time travel

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. resurection

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok so in the trailor everyone is seeing all these Decepticons we thought were all dead (I personally don;t see them but there seems to be general consensus) so how are these transformers alive now? Is it due to time travel or some sort of resurection like in ROTF?

And no this is not an invitation to discuss a certain Autobot coming back to life

2. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    i dont think its either, i think they're just copies...

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Clones, just like in ROTF with Bonecrusher and the protoforms.

To put a nail in it, there's even two Brawl's present in the big fight when Prime flies in all badass. One's red, and is firing at Ratchet and Bumblebee, the other's desert-colored, and already dead when Prime swoops down and starts hacking and slashing.

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I can't help but feel there's some time-travel in the film, I do think the Decepticons that we see Prime take down are just more 'stock bad guys' to take down.

I was at the Apple Store tonight, stepping through that sequence frame-by-frame, and there's even that strange spikey silver Decepticon that you see in some of those longshots of Egypt, but we don't know just what his transformation mode looks like.

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the answer will always be this:

until the film is released to the public to change said statement.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Multiple protoform Decepticons can scan the same alt-mode, there is no limit on that. You can have a whole battalion of troops with the same alt-mode. These are different robots than from ROTF. They are 'cons that have had the chance to scan earth vehicles.

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It's neither; it's the FX guys saving money. I wouldn't mind it so much if they did the repaint thing more (Deep Desert Brawl is in there, so why not have Payload instead of Long Haul?) or brought back characters that weren't actually shown getting killed (Barricade).

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This , apparently Shockwave is a fan of the Clone wars :D 

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    None of the above. We might.. Get Zealot?

No?
    Okay.

They're copies anywho.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'll be happy if the writer didn't go copies route, but it would take creative story telling.

11. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I dont see why a lot of these bots cant just be reactivated anyway. The transformers I grew up with took a hell of a beating before they shifted off this mortal coil.
    And I see no reason why Long Haul couldn't be there as himself anyway. I dont recall seeing him destroyed in ROTF. Devastator took a big blow and maybe one of the constructicons died, maybe, but there's no reason why Long Haul shouldn't be there.

Anyway, I have no problem with cannon fodder copies. There's an entire Decepticon army in this film. hundreds, maybe thousands. You cant expect them all to have defined characters. It would be nice, sure, but not practical.

Also, its only really hardcore fans that will notice and be freeze framing everything to see who's who. Most folks will be watching it straight through as a movie and these very brief glimpses of these random bots will be of no concern to them.

There will still be enough screen time for the unique Decepticons I think/hope.

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I'm saying that Soundwave just e-mailed a bunch of useful alt-modes to the invading 'Cons and said "this is excellent for aerial maeuvriabilty on this planet" "this is a flexible mobile gun emplacement" and so forth.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

To be fair, the Transformers series before the movies couldn't die because then their toys wouldn't sell as well. That's why it was common for everybody to have stormtrooper accuracy (as in no accuracy whatsoever) so a character with a toy could feasibly survive and appear in more episodes, thus raising the appeal of getting his toy.

The live-action TF movies don't have the luxury of being a multiple-season tv series, so the Decepticons are going to bite the big one at the end of each movie. The Autobots, on the other hand, don't loose more than one of their number in either film thus far (Jazz died in the first film, and Jetfire ripped his own heart out), even with Prime dying for all of most of the second half of the film.

Robot-mode Long Haul got hit by an airstrike and was blown to pieces (his tire can be visibly seen flying off). Devestator-limb Long Haul seemingly died with the rest of Devestator.

I hope there's enough screen time for the unique Autobots who aren't Optimus or Bumblebee.

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    They are neither resureccted nor have come back through time. They are repaints.

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ressurection. But how? Thats leaving it to the plot device.

16. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Long Haul. His tyres came off but I think it would take more than a human bomb to kill him permanently.
    And I dont see why falling down a Payrmaid would kill a constructicon either. Maybe the rail gun took one out, but why any of the others? They'd just seperate and retreat, surely?

Anyway, we know that clones are used so no big deal.

17. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    As was said, it's perfectly possible for the Decepticon protoforms to scan the same vehicles. Brawl scanned an M1 Abrams, and there are plenty of those around for newer Cons to scan again.

Only question is, should two characters scan the same vehicle mode, would their transformation process and robot modes be exactly identical? So far the answer seems to be yes.

18. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta save the budget for Bay's exploding actor buffet and more BAYSPLOSIONS! They didn't have time to come up with a ton of new models/rigs in such a short time. Not when Bay has to work on perfecting the art of film warfare; you don't wanna know how much this costs the studio per day, in what Michael calls "pre-production"

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    There's no red anything firing at Ratchet and Bumblebee, least of all a Brawl clone.

20. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its interesting to hear the different opinions of what it could be besides whats on the pool. It very well could be a budget saving measure as they did that in ROTF.
    (not seeing the twins upgrade, camera goes behind the screen instead))
    it could be clones.

I think it might be a little of everything. Time travel to bring back dead decepticons and more are there than what was resurrected on screen to save money, and throw in some clones to boot. ta da.