Is it time to go back to TF Beasts after the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Beastbot X, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    I'll cast my vote as never segregating the line ever again. I'll be very happy if beast, vehicles, and variations in between stay present from here on... Just make sure the alt modes make sense for where they are. beasts on cybertron... not so good. beasts on jungle planet or on earth's less civilized areas? just fine.

really gotta focus on what makes these alt-modes make sense within the story... and a good story can trump good toys for me because I'll buy toys I don't like that much if I like the character.

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    If they're done well, I'm all for new Beasties. I love my Depth Charge, Silverbolt, Dinobots and some others. But the line was really hit or miss.

Beasties = Hit
    Beast Machines = Miss

3. xenocryst

xenocryst Why yes, I *am* a geek. TFW2005 Supporter

I can deal with robotic beasts (some are even pretty cool), but PLEASE no more fur- and flesh-formers!

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Hang on. I thought Twin Twist was supposed to suck? Sounds to be like he's got the right idea.

Once again, agreed.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I dunno. I much rather prefer vehicle Transformers. But a Mainframe sequel to Beast Machines called Transtech, staring both G1 and Beast era characters would be rather exciting.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I think Cybertron had the winning formula for Hasbros next few lines. There will probably be both beasts and machines in the same line. Been doing it ever since Beast Machines and probably will for a long time.
    It's always better for buisness for the consumers to have a choice.

7. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I can deal with a mix like Cybertron, but I want organic looking beasts! I'm bored and tired of cyborgs and TM-ish beast modes. :( 

8. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    That's what I do not understand.

I can't imagine ever liking TFs that turn into normal looking, realistic animals. I have always hated that concept; it's gross, it doesn't make much sense, and it's totally pointless, imo. Plus, you get a robot with natural looking animal parts hanging off, and that NEVER looks good. Robotic beast modes are pretty cool, but meat formers is just a terrible idea.

imo, of course.

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I haven't checked my area stores this week, but last week there were a few of the Beast planet figures: Scourge & Wreckloose come to mind, but we are talking 1 or 2 in the store.

10. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

After RiD Armada Energon Cybertron Alternators the Neo-G1 line that will be out and the movie line*there will most likely be one* WE NEED more BW like Beast TFs, sides compared to Armada most of Energon some of Cybertron most of RiD ALL of G1 the Beast Toys are better.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Well after the movie, which uses realistic alt modes...Hasbro is going to want to ride the momentum from that for at LEAST the next year or two AFTER the DVD release...so I'd say we have at least the next 3 years of vehicles to look forward to.

Personally I'd say it's a good thing...I liked BW for what it was, but when all is said and done I MUCH prefer the more mechanical looking 'bots with no "organic kibble"...of course I also greatly prefer expressionless faces...No TM Rhinox constipated look :lol  The should have personality to the look, but a big toothy grin or smirk is just not nearly as cool IMHO.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally like the TM2-style of beastformers the best, but I don't mind the normal beasts at all-- namely because of the whole "disguise" concept of TFs. A big robot dinosaur or technorganic lion isn't going to blend in anywhere. They're still fully robots on the inside (with the exception of the BM Maximals, of course), so I don't have a problem with it.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I could totally dig another era of organic beasts. Good stuff.

14. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

The beasts I would consider buying would be robotic type animals like the G1 Predacons and Energon Sharkticon. I think the Cybertron line had it just about right. A bit of everything for everyone.

15. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I've always been a bit of a stickler for the 'disguise' aspect of Robots in Disguise. Of course, in BW the disguise factor rarely, if ever played a role. But I would like there to be a sub-line of organic Maximals and Predacons in the not too distant future.

Hell, the storyline could take place in their 'real-time' (3 centuries or so from now). Humans are colonizing or terraforming several formerly 'dead' planets, seed them with some of our own animals (including the results of cloning experiments with extinct animals, and their should be some indigenous alien beasts as well), come across either some alien artifacts or some new material that attracts the Preds' attention, but by this point our technology is at the point where we can fight off a small contingent of Cybertronians, so the 'Cons have to be stealthy.

Story will reveal that the severing of ties between Earth and Cybertron as decreed by the Pax Cybertronia was our idea, so when the Maximals discover what the Preds are up to, they initially try to stop them without our discovering them on our colonies. Of course, at some point the humans figure things out, and initially view both factions as enemies.

This line could give us:

1) organic Earth beasts from all eras
    2) organic alien beasts
    3) organic genetically altered Earth beasts
    and maybe
    4) futuristic human vehicles that transform, but are mechs with mini human drivers (a la SWTF - but with much better execution)
    5) cyborg beasts (backstory - humans create, TF's then mimic)
    6) human secret weapon - TF frame discovered in wreckage of the Nemesis possessing an indestructable spark and reprogrammed to serve mankind - but is any reprogramming adequate enough to control the DNA of Dinobot and spark of Protoform X?

16. Rampage01

Rampage01 knockoff of a knockoff

The same could be said for the car based Transformers. All the ones I have use the same basic rear axle/trunk for legs and feet, hood/grill for chest transformation. They each do it a little bit differently, but it's still the same basic concept. If similar vehicles can get away with the same basic transformation with a few personal touches added in, I don't see why similar animals couldn't get away with it as well.

Anyway, I'd love to see more beasts, but I wouldn't mind some machines in their as well. Basically, a mixed line like Cybertron, but preferably with more beasts in it.