Customs: Is it that hard to reply???

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GrandMaXimus, Apr 17, 2010.

1. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I hope this is the right place to put this. Just a rant. Is it that hard to reply to emails and pm's when you commission someone for a project? I have quite a few projects in the works and so far communication has been good except a few people. People that I thought would be more "active" in replying. I just wanna know what's going on with my project after a 6 month (1 project will be almost a year) wait. It's all good and dandy when I put a deposit down and ship out whatever you need, then BOOM!! NOTHING. How hard is it to say your working on it or your back logged with projects and it will be awhile? Hell, even a simply hello would suffice. Don't say your going to post wip pics in a few days and then disappear from the earth for like 2 weeks (not replying to my pm's or email) when I see you posting other wip pics. Just let me know what's going on. I know it takes time and patience to make stuff but don't leave me hanging when I'm paying you. I'm a pretty reasonable guy to deal with. End of rant.

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep im waiting on a couple of things too and it seems pretty poor to ignore a customer, its lesson 101 in customer service to not ignore and treat any badly afterall its them who pay the money!

3. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i hear that, i really hate it when i try to contact a store or anything and get a response 4 weeks later

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I have to say I am the king of not responding when I'm supposed to. In this case (I'm working on a re-shell for Grand Maximus right now) I open an email or PM, and have every attention to respond, and get side tracked, distracted or (sadly enough) fall asleep from a hard day. I know it's not an excuse, but just a fact of life.

Anywho, for my two cents, All I can do is apologize and work to make things better.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    In my experience, no matter what is going on, one of the best things a person can do is keep the line of communication open. On the client's part, an amount of patience and consideration is expected as well. I've seen a lot of situations that could simply be resolved with better communication.

Please note that I'm generally speaking here, and my post isn't directed to any one person specifically. Keep rockin' guys :thumb 

6. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    This is why feedback on comissioned kitbashers
    is important.

Comissioned Kitbashers with poor service
    will be singled out by this system
    of checks and balances.

7. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i used to deal with this way back in the day, before i even got into kitbashing (as it is a universal issue, not just a KB one)...

if i open the email, i take 5 seconds right there to write a quickie response - Hey, got your email, it's pretty busy here, but just wanted to drop you a line back. talk to you soon.

if you do it RIGHT as you get the email, it's almost in the same action. then you're done. If you don't do it right as you get the email, then yes, every distraction can and will get to you, as it has to me :) 

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's a very good practice. Even communicating that you can't communicate a lot is still communicating a lot more than not communicating :) 

9. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What Maximo said. The best thing you can do, not speaking from experience here, is to reply and say "Busy with life. I've got the comission waiting." and let them know that your still alive.