Is it safe to say encore is over for the japanese market?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by micah1199, Mar 30, 2010.

1. micah1199

micah1199 Well-Known Member

It is now March 30th and no news or scoop about encores for the japanese market. It is safe to say it is over for that market? There were rumors of encore reissues for the hong kong market, but no real confirmations.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Damn. I certainly hope it isn't over yet.

There are some more G1 figures that need some re-issuing.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Possible, Takara never officially announces the end of their lines they just kind of stop. With that though, look at Binaltech, it was dead for a few years then we got 4 "new" ones.

So it's possible for it come back.

4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Reissues will always be around. Encore took the place of the TFC reissues, which was in turn a follow up to the first batch of reissues that came out in 2000.
    So maybe the Encore line is over, maybe not. Luckily, that doesn't mean Takara is gonna stop doing reissues.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably just taking a break so demand can build back up (or concentrating on movie/Animated right now, whatever) Then they can release G1 Convoy ... again. :) 

Still hoping against futility for more 'big mission' tape packs, featuring Slamdance/Squawkbox and the dino-combiners.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry people, Takara will be giving you another G1 Prime in 6 months. lol, its not dead, just taking a break. we all thought classics was gone but guess what? its back!!!

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    remember the doom calls right before encore 12 was announced? just give it time, it ain't over till a new reissue line starts

8. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Everytime I think the same that that Encore is dead, they release another figure. I for one, would like to see headmasters and targetmasters get a release, if their molds are still around.

9. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I'd wait at least until after botcon to find out if encore is done. My guess and hope is that it is not. It seems like the cassette missions sets sold really well, so cross your fingers...

10. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL another reissue of g1 prime! how many of those do we need. come on! give us some new encore g1 stuff stupid hasbro/ takara. why not reissue them faster than the ko and give us the toys so we can give you the money instead of the illegal bootlegs? look at the ko bootlegs, they are dishing a few new ones out every few months. why not learn from them?

11. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

It ain't over till the Fat-bot sings! LOL!
    I want more Encore's/re-issues whatever the hell they decide to call G1 remakes! :D 

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i will like to defend encore prime! before encore, prime was NOT affordable AT ALL!!!!!! the tfc #0 went for BIG bucks and the hasbro reissue was ovr $100

it took the encore reissue to make him affordable, along with the second hasbro release

13. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not dead. It's resting.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

:rolleyes: 

The previous Encore set only came out a few months ago. And I'm sure Takara's pretty busy with marketing Animated and RotF, designing new Alternity and possibly Generations/Henkei figures, on top of the other non-TF brands TakTomy design, produce, and market toys for.

Not hearing news doesn't mean there's no news, it just means they haven't let any news out just yet.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pinin' for the fjords

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    after every encore wave, this topic gets made. really. it does.

so yes. it's dead. it's dead like it was dead before the most recent cassette pack came out, and it's dead like it was after trailbreaker came out, and it's dead like it was after jazz came out, and it's dead like it was after bruticus came out, and it's dead like it'll be dead after the next reissue comes out, and it's dead like it'll be dead before the reissue after that. Yes, this wildly successful reissue line whose most recent releases have had to have more manufacturing runs just to meet the insane consumer demand for them, is over because that's the only thing that makes sense after a couple months of no news.

:p 

This is how Tomy is. They are not timely about announcing encore reissues. they havent been from the start. months go by with no news and then suddenly something is announced and released and the process starts again.

lets see them go a year without any news or releases, then we can all start thinking the line is dead. again.

Fuck yeah, hasbro, being so stupid with all the reissues of G1 prime that Tomy does in a japan-only line that hasbro isnt involved with at all. go to hell, aaron archer. no more rereleases of G1 prime. I mean, the US has gotten what, two in the past 18 years? four uses total in the entire life of the brand? you're overdoing it. stop it. they're clogging the shelves, everyone has 30 by now, and they...

no, I can't do it. it hurts too much. my asshole-sarcasm has finally broken.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Every wave, this is posted? Try every week.

Rumor is that Sixshot and Predaking will be re-released for the Hong Kong market. Hopefully they will slake your reissue thirst until more Encores are solicited. :) 

18. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Methinks they should reissue different stuff. And yes, by different stuff I mean Not G1. Not that I'm against G1 at all, I just think perhaps it's time to give the line a rest? Create sort of a Universy Greatest Hits line from several early lines that are hard to track down. I know there's some G2 molds I wouldn't mind getting my hands on, or even as "recent' as early Beast Wars.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    early beast wars got reissued.

guess what, it tanked.

20. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I want my reissue Predaking and Sixshot