is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got TFU Hound and Silverstreak last week. i paid a little extra so i didn't have to make extra trips to WM hoping to score one.

Did the same with my TFU Inferno.

At Walmart, the Deluxes go for $7.77 or about 8 bucks.
    Inferno would go for just under $27 (until markdown, as in i got Blades for $19.99 that way.)

Looking at these figures, i wonder. are the prices really right?
    My Voyagers are not really that much bigger than the Deluxes *IMO* and the voyagers i own are brain dead easy to transform in comparison to Ironhide, Silverstreak and the other Deluxes i own.
    with the complicated engineering involved with them. you'd think they'd sell at a higher price.

i guess to me, the price scale for these classes don't jive with me.

I am not complaining so much as observing how it appears to me.
    Kinda like watching a rerun of a show and the audio is a bit slow and doesn't mesh...you barely notice, but it makes the back of your mind itch until you turn it off.

I completely understand the pricing and am happy with it when it comes to the Leader and Supreme Class-es
    such as Unicron or Metroplex.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $7.77 was a 3 month sale price at Walmart. It's now back to $10-$11 in most places. Voyagers should be $20-$22. For the scale that's correct as voyagers are usually twice as big as deluxes and sometimes even come with electronics.

And if you want to talk crazy sales price. For a one-week stint, a bunch of people, myself included got voyagers AND ultras online for $7.50 from HTS and Amazon.

3. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yup...powerglide from amazon...$7.50
    onslaught...$7.50
    25th anniversary prime...$24.99..........

love christmas sales......

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea prices here in AL are back to normal. Dissapointing since it happned before I found the universe figs I was looking for.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My WM is still 7.77 with no signs of it being a sale...Anyhow, I think deluxes tend to be a little too complicated. That's the price point that parents would probably buy for their kids but the toys seem to complex. I love the simplicity of the bigger ones...

6. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Simple transformations don't bother me.

7. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    those prices should be going back up to $10 soon though because pretty much everywhere else has already went back up

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Deluxes here are back up to $9-10, $11 in some places. That Inferno is Ultra priced, though. It should be roughly $20.

9. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so the prices i paid at BBTS for SS, hound, and Inferno are actually quite comparable to what most stores charge now?
    that is reassuring to some extent.

Kinda wish i had seen Powerglide for $7.50....woulda nailed that one to my credit card, lol.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pricing has been pretty crazy though in terms of what you get compared to other price points. For sure, deluxes are the best value. But seriously, if you compare Legends Hound to Deluxe Hound, it's hard to believe the legends cost half as much or that animated activators cost only a couple dollars less then animated deluxes.

11. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Now let's be fair, the sale prices at HTS were $10 for those figures. And I missed the initial Amazon sale and had to pay a whopping $14 for my Onslaught. :cry 

12. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    The price differential between Voyagers and Deluxes isn't really a problem. The probem was when Deluxes were $7.77 and Animated Activators were $8.64. Where's the logic in that?

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Where did you buy an Inferno for $27? :confused:  I don't think I've even seen a price mark up that big even at TRU.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Inferno's $27 at BBTS. That's the usual price-point for them for new items. They still have Hound for $15 and SS for $13 but if you buy it as a 4-pack it comes out to $12.50 each. Now that the deluxes at Walmart are back to $10-$11 and gas is starting to go back up that's a decent price.

Yer right. Whatever sucker didn't use the 25% off and free shipping from HTS paid about $10-$13 for their bots. =D FYI, these sales are pretty rare though.

15. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Universe 2.0 Voyager Inferno is worth every penny. The other stuff--not so much. And I LOVE simple transformations. I hate having to refer to instructions every time I pick up a bot I haven't handled in a while.

JMO.

16. jorod74

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, got Inferno for 27 and am giddy as hell with it.
    best fig i have bought lately.

i prefer simple transformations mainly because of my limited eyesight - as in i had trouble with TFU Ravage because all of him being black and other TFs with lots of parts of the same color blending in together- so Inferno was a godsend with his simplicity.

Ease of transformation=win.

Good point about how the difference between TFU and TFA Activators.