Customs: Is it possible to paint airbrush paint with a normal brush?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dyingwill3rd, Jul 30, 2011.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

I'm working on a custom and I wanted to paint with a color known as Sunrise Yellow. I looked online for the paint but haven't found acrylic versions. All I could find was the Creatix Airbrush version.

Is it possible to paint Airbrush paint with a normal brush? or do I have to get an airbrush to do it?

If no, do you know of a brand of acrylic paint that has Sunrise Yellow?

Or is there a way to mix acrylic paint to make it? And so, what colors do I need to make it?

Thanks in advanced;
    dyingwill3rd

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    man dude... airbrush paint is pretty thin... I would suggest going to a hobby store and looking at the colors minus the computer screen! If I am not mistaken Sunshine yellow has a pearl... a pearl is best used with an airbrush...

3. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

do you know of a way to mix some non-airbrush acrylics to make a color similar to sunrise yellow? Like what colors can be mixed for it?

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if it's the GM "sunrise yellow", you could always go to the dealership & see if they can order a scratch fix bottle for you. They're normally as big as a short & chubby marker and have a paintbrush & pen tip.

That way, you should have the same colour in both forms (airbush & physical brush?) without needing to sacrifice one option for the other.