is it my fault? (animated cancellation)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by ORIO, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not supposed to share this info, but my home, is a Nielson home. Unfortunatley for us, we don't have cable. We just can't afford it at this time. Sadly, our time as a Nielson home is ending this April. They let people be Nielson homes for only two years at a time.

Tomorrow, We're getting cable finally because of the DTV transition. But is it too late to save animated from cancellation? If I start watching the show and logging everyone in my family in can it be saved??

I still fail to believe that animated will necessarily stop. will it continue on under a different name? Yes I believe that.

If that's not the intended idea, can my watching of season 3 (assuming it airs before april) and helping with the ratings save it? At least a little bit?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know if Animated's being cancelled due to low ratings. The axing may have nothing to do with that at all. But I suppose it can't hurt to try.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't think their logic behind ending animated was based around 1-10 people not watching if anything they would need to see 5000+ for their to be any impact on their thinking

face it animated is ending on a high note and it had a good run lets leave it as that before it goes tits up. Plus what's stopping the same writers going on to make an even cooler show that's just not called Animated? nothing.

4. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get ya. But! The way neilson works, is that my home accounts for thousands of people. Strange how they do it, but they did give us a gift basket and paid us for watching television :) 

5. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    Hey, that's very helpful of you, actually. A lot of people are angry and upset about the cancellation, and are looking for scapegoats and people to lash out at; now we have a willing target for our nerd rage.

The cancellation of Animated is entirely FREEFALL's fault, everybody! Let's burn him! :ev: 

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    No. The cancellation of Animated comes from ROTF, not viewership, sales, or anything else.

However, it is your fault Pushing Daisies got cancelled, and I shall be coming for you.*

*No, not really.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

In that case I'd better send him a fruit basket or something. That tripe being cancelled was the best decsion a network made since cancelling Arested Development.

9. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See... I don't understand that. A television show and its broadcast comes from ratings. If no one is watching the show, they'll cancel the show. But to say they will cancel the show because of an upcoming movie based on the same property? What? If anything, that should increase ratings.

And Kickback, please my brotha, share some more info!

10. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

pardon my ignorance, but what is a nielson home?
    are you contractedby the nielson ratings board to watch a certain amount of tv or something?

11. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nielson controls ratings. Basically, my home, was selected at random and when we log in (its a box on top of TV that has a remote) and whatever we are watching gets ratings. For every rerun of Roseanne I watch, I account for thousands of people. The research compiled is used to sell ad time to businesses and gauge how many people are watching a specific show.

Now, how Animated would fare with me watching it now that I have cable, would it help? Would the 20-29 age audience save it from its "cancellation"

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's often more than meets the eye (if you'll pardon the pun) than just ratings when a show is cancelled, especially for a show like transformers: animated. With the movie coming out, Hasbro likely wants all attention on the movie merchandise, and animated unfortunately draws away from that, and has a rather different style and feel than the brand identity they're trying to sell with the movie.

But you know what, you were right when you said there's nothing preventing a "continuation" of the series under a new name, so here's hoping for that.

13. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always thought that the Nielson rating system only monitored network programing (CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.) and that the ratings for cable channels was derived differntly due to the fact that network programing could be considered free and cable you have to pay for. Guess I was wrong.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's more to do with CN and Hasbro then ratings, because from everything I understood, Animated had pretty strong ratings. But then again it seemed to have been planned to only last 2-3 seasons right from the very start, so maybe there was just no stopping it's inevitable end.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Not at all thats a crazy thing animated is a massive sucsess.

16. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

nope, more to do with the movie making big moolla and Hasbro. Hasbro wants to focus on the second movie hoping the same thing happens again.

17. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Nielson bases everything off of what you watch. They ask us every six months what we drink, what websites we look at, to what cars we drive. Everything we do is scrutinized and later determined.

We've heard from the writers that they write every season as an ending. For an example, see the last season of Beast Wars.

18. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I think it's my fault Animated is ending, really. I haven't gotten any of the comic books yet. I also only bought three Blitzwing's....

Yeah, cause the movie stuff costs two pretty pennies plus a horse. Why can't they swap out, like during the process of making the movie focus on pushing the movie junk and air Ani episodes and vice versa?

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes, yes it's all your damn fault.

20. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Dude.

Do you ever just mess with them, and turn on one TV, on like... the Christian channel for hours at a time, on mute? Like when you're asleep?

I would.