Is it me or it ROTF more G1 related than we think it is?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think it's more a case of 'It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it'.
    Some people would look at Gobots and Transformers and say they're the same because of all the similarities. Or look at the different versions of Star Trek - same basic ingredients but some shows were far better than others.
    You can shave a dog and give it a porky snout and a curly tail but that doesn't mean it's a pig.

You can pull any number of elements from the Bay movies and link them back to G1 or other TF series but then it's no surprise as the Bay movies are somewhat based on the TF universe. You can trace a load of stuff back to other TF series but what ends up on the movie screen can be so loosley based on the original version that out of all the elements that might define the original perhaps only one remains when it hits the big screen.
    So no, I don't think it's more related, just distantly related in most cases.
    If that's good or bad I dunno.

2. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    lol.only prime's trailer who was appearing out of nowhere ,was missing.well , he wil have trailer in tf3 though

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

He is part of the "ever expanding" G1 family of characters.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  4. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its u!

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I think the Movieverse is it's own era, so don't think of it as not being 'G1 enough'. It has it's own style and if people don't like it fine, but don't dislike it because it's not G1 enough. Appreciate it for what it is.

6. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

I liked how someone on these boards pointed out that Megatrons resurrection redesign had 3 spikes on his head, kind of a homage to Galvatron.

7. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Myself, I really don't think ROTF is that much G1 related. Sure, some things are SIMILAR, but it's a very different universe. Really, the only G1 things are the Fallen, the 13, and MAYBE the Matrix of Leadership.

8. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The extra spikes for the head link down to giant new gladiator cheek protectors, which actually make it more of an homage to ol' buckethead, actually.

9. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there are a lot of homages and similarities within the movies that most just dismiss because they already think they are bad movies. rotf failed as a movie to tell its plot fully. had it not suffered a huge sag strike forcing it to rush to meet release it might have actually hit on all the marks it was trying to accomplish....but as we all seen it did not.

you miss so much of the plot as it is if you do not search out the side comics and stories that fill the gaps and explain it all to you.

all that said. its not trying to be g1, its trying to be its own "verse"