Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by danny1981, May 30, 2009.

1. danny1981

danny1981 Well-Known Member

or does anybody else want to see Prime kicking ass like he did just before the final battle with Megatron in the 80's movie?

Come on Mr Bay! lets see Prime as he should be!

2. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

i'm totally with you on this...but i have a fear (it's been discussed elsewhere) that prime will be watered down from his true potential. the writers are going to draw some of his luster to the humans (sam), and in the end, the movie will be good, but disappointment that prime worked at 70% instead of the true 100%

3. Mach

Mach Grand Master

News Credits:
    yeah, we do.... But judge it after the movie

4. danny1981

danny1981 Well-Known Member

Im just daydreaming :)  I loved the first movie and i cant wait for the second! im living in hope....thats all!

5. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

So other then when he Whumped up on Bonecrusher, at what point exactly did Prime "kick ass?" Lol.

Gotta love it Prime delivers an epic: "One shall stand, one shall fall." then the next thing you see is Prime flying through the air.

It shouldn't be funny, yet it is,.....everytime I watch it.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher's BIG brothers will be back this time!

:ev: 

7. newguy

newguy i

[​IMG]

8. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

everybody will kick ass i believe

9. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That was far and away my biggest disappointment in the first movie. Sure, he gets a good 20 seconds owning Bonecrusher, but in the final confrontation with Megs he just gets his butt handed to him. I'm not saying that he needed to be dominating Megs, but it would have been nice to see, you know, and actual fight. Hopefully this movie will be better, but of course the first time we got a glimpse of Prime in this movie he was already getting his face plate blown off....

10. Trell

Trell Paladin

But right after that we see him leaping onto that constructicons head, and I'm sure after that Prime politely kicks his ass . . .

11. BigO108

BigO108 Member

What is it with Prime ? I was hardcore into the G1 cartoon...and well just recently got into other aspects of the transformer universe, like the comics so i read some marvel ones (G2) and some of the IDW ones and everytime i saw prime in them he was getting his ass kicked. Is he just a weak autobot in the movie universe and comics or is it just me ?

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Judgeing by the Trailers, Prime will be owning Con's, left, right, and center.

13. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for it, but I am also a firm advocate of Heros being underdogs. I think that ROTF, in teasers and trailers so far anyway, is showing his kick ass colors. He is clearly taking a beating, but he is also delivering so serious smackdown on the 3 Major heavies, Megs, SS, and Grindor/Blackout. AND, he's doing it to protect same. He is allowing himself to take the worst of punishment to SAVE LIFE. I always felt that the fight in TFTM was a copout. I'll list the reasons.

1. The fight is the endgame grudgematch versus Megatron, IN THE FIRST
    MINUTES OF THE FILM!

2. He is not doing anything but headinf straight to megatron as his forces are being overwhelmed and decimated. Hell, MORE than decimated (decimated implied a thinning of ranks by 10 percent. DECA, get it? Prime was about more than that.

3. Prime is offed by a rookie mistake, solely for the purpose of replacement.

Primes death never meant anything in TFTM. So his kicking ass was pointless.

I think that we are in good hands with ROTF. We have a Leader, a Hero, that puts himself in the line of fire. I like that. A lot.

14. newguy

newguy i

Dont forget down and up

15. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    :lol  True... and Diagonaly... :D 

16. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Side to side.

3 on one odds.

With the "Heavies".

Remember when in TF1, Prime is getting hammered, them blackouts lands, whips out the blades, and starts working toward the melee, only to be distracted/stopped by Epps and the Human Crew.

The fight coming up is what happens when that just doesn't happen. No Ironhide and Ratchet to keep Starscream busy. No squishy fleshbags with tiny, but painful weapons. It's on.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    try watching the trailers maybe?