Is it just me

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fragglerock, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fragglerock

fragglerock Banned

It seem that this place is here only for people to complain. EVERY news update, every review, every movie update is bombarded with complaints and bitching. It seems like this place is ran by children with replies like “FAIL” and quoting or replying with the word “this”. Maybe its just me but this type of consistent childish attitude and behavior really brings this place down. This place use to be a great place for news and to have great conversations but that isn’t the case anymore. People complaining that they spend $400 a Month and DEMAND a PERFECT product, topics like” what Transformer do you hate the most”……Is it just me?

2. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    another shit storm epic thread about to be born.....

3. fragglerock

fragglerock Banned

I know.....

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    You can't please all of the people all of the time.

It just happens to be most people love G1 and if it isn't G1, it's wrong. Therefore, 95% of everything Hasbro does is wrong.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

As for the topic, I'm usually positive about things, though I do agree that there can be a LOT of negativity on these boards. Though honestly, we're a lot better than some other fan sites out there. Also, the mods do their best. Yeah there is a lot of negativity, but when it gets out of hands the mods are always there to end it.

6. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    yeah that is going to make the mods happy...definitely happy....

7. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Internet serious business hurf durf toy drama roid rraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

8. fragglerock

fragglerock Banned

I didnt meen ran by as in the people in charge, I ment it like kids taking controll over a classroom.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

No matter how great a new TF is there will always be someone who dosent like it for some reason. I have yet to see a TF that everyone likes. It just wont happen.

10. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    @OP: What the hell just happened to your spelling?

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Come on, guy. You should know by now that toys are serious business.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    its peoples opinion. when the quality of TFs drops a bit, or when new designs are introduced, some people complain, others dont. and although there are some people who seem to complain for the sake of complaining, others have legitimate reasons, like the Prowl Paint stuff. this is a place for opinions, and when quality seems to go down and a new concept is introduced, people will complain.

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The complaining to some level on online boards. In terms of complaining about the new TF toys, everyone has his/her own tastes so if it does not meet their tastes, they will complain. Also, sometimes people complain about a figure as a way to warn other people on the board/legitimate reasons, the two that come to my mind are Prowl's paint problems and Henkei TC and Skywarp's problems with the weapons attaching on their arms.

14. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I'm in the camp that's of the opinion that part of having a discussion board is to actually have discussions that can include disagreeing with eachother. Perhaps the tone or style of writing appears overly rude, snippy, or just plain snobbish every now and then, sure. I complain about things I don't like since in a free and open forum it's generally the idea to share your honest opinion, and so I'll admit that as a resident "bitcher" that there is use of hyperbolic negativity that gets thrown around. But honestly as I've posted less and read more I've come to the conclusion that there's just as much of that from the other side eating up whatever comes off the assembly line and is overly accepting of the products regardless of quality IMHO. I've seen people reply to posts to tell other posters why they're wrong for not liking a product, people that never asked to be corrected or to get a rebuttal to their opinions, in very confrontational manners.

Honestly there's a tendency for products to receive hyperbole from detractors and supporters, but it's to be expected on a forum. If we all agreed and nobody ever complained or showed dislike for products or episodes or whatever, it wouldn't be much of a discussion board.

15. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

you should maintain a healthy ignore list. the bigger the list, the higher your status as a respected member of the community.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And then there's the complaining about the complaining... and that's always productive.

It's a message board for voicing opinions. I don't always agree with them... but that's life. You can either complain about the product, or complain about the complainers. You're still complaining.

If I like something, I'll type happy things about it. If I dislike something, I may opine on that as well. And, I'm not particularly sorry if nobody appreciates my sentiments. I realize that somewhere on the internet, there is bound to be someone who disagrees. But then again, somewhere on the internet there are bound to be people who agree.

17. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Is this thread a reaction to another thread? Im guessing it is from the DEMAND a perfect product jab...

Or has your opinion of the boards really dropped that greatly since........... Nov 08????? :O

You get banned and get a new account?

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    This.

19. Sideways

Sideways Banned

EQUIP:
    ShitstormBrella x 9,000+

20. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes its just you.

I cant tolerate people who cant tolerate people.

This thread gets :bay :bay :deadhorse: 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.