Is it just me? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TranstechCat, Jun 24, 2009.

1. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Did anyone else get the impression that when Megatron was re-designed for ROTF, the writers didn't get the memo that he would have a new alt. mode?

It just seems like they (the designers) gave him this shiny new Tank mode, but the script still called for him to transform into his Jet mode so they (the animators/director/whatever) compromised by just sticking wings on the Tank and having it fly.

Out of all the times he transformed, he transformed into the "Flying Tank" in every instance but one (that I saw), and that was a two-second shot at most.

He could still have had his Jet mode only and literally nothing would've been different.

This isn't really a gripe so much as a "Gee, it seems like one hand didn't know what the other was doing" observation.

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Flying tank is ok with me. The voyager megatron toy is a flying tank.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing it was a late change. The reformat is not covered at all in the movie and in the official comic adaptation he has his old form

4. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

It's fine by me too, I was just saying it was rather odd that he gets an entirely new alt. mode only to use it in exactly the same way as his old one.

Either that, or they (the designers) literally gave no indication that he would have anything but the jet mode.

If someone were only reading the script and wasn't explicitly told that he would be a tank on-screen then you'd never know it. Every major action he takes (in terms of mobility and travel) has him flying and/or in high places.

Megatron flies into space.
    Megatron smacks Starscream around on top of skyscraper.
    Megatron flies to top of building and messes with communications equipment.
    Megatron takes pot shots at planes from the top of a pyramid.
    Megatron flies away with Starscream.
    etc...

Seeing as how the comic artists were likely just working from the script and maybe some concept art, it's possible they drew him as the jet because that's what the script made it seem like.

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    It was funny that the only instance when Megatron went into his vehicle mode and actually traveled on the ground is when he escaped the steel mill.