is it just me or does canada post sucks?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by KA, Jul 17, 2007.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so i just got a package from rhansen (sup homie!). problem is...i dont remember when he shipped it, it was waaaaaaay back XD

(disclaimer: im not knocking on seller here, just the system. its the 1st time ive had something shipped from canada. its wack yo.)

anyways, the items are just 2 itty bitty pixar's cars toys. they cant be no more than 5-6" in height, 4 in width and depth so i have no idea what couldve caused the holdup. im in the far east, so maybe lil dudes had a detour or sumin. in siberia.

best part is, i already managed to snag the cars in the meantime - a DJ (2 DJs actually, one for a friend), and ive seen a whole lotta them since too XD pixar's cars just pulled an alanis morissette on me...oh shit shes from canada too, im telling you your ppls are out to get me XD

(anyways, friend of mine also had some issues with canada post, he lost his spawn figure coming over, at least mine arrived.)

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Y'know, I shipped to Serbia for the first time in my life (holla Sammael) about a month ago and it took...I dunno, shoot...3 or so weeks to get delivered? I kinda figured that was "average" timing for an international delivery.

However, I also remember sending out a package destined for Canada on the same day that that Serbia package went out...and the person who ordered it (can't remember who) received it about the same time - around 3 weeks later. And it was just up to Canada.

Whuuuuh?!

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From personal experience...Canada post really takes a long time to reach Asia...one of my orders took close to 2 months to reach and the method of delivery was by air...

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I shipped an item over so singpore a few months back and it took 30 business days to arrive, once shipped to france and they told me 1-3 months and that it could make it to africa quicker. Canada post blows.

5. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

I don't know, I've shipped a fair amount of stuff to the US and the items usually make it to the buyer's between 7 - 10 business days; that's actually the standard delivery time for regular parcel from Canada Post. That also goes for items I've shipped to England, the Netherlands and Japan.
    KA's package was probably held up in US customs, which might explain the delay.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    With the exception of maybe Italy, Canada has the worst postal system on the face of this earth.

The only advice I can give is on the customs form mark the value of the package under $20 and as a gift, trust me it makes things go a whole lot easier and quicker.

7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    So that's the trick, huh? I will definately try it out! Thanks for the tip! :D 

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I send to and receive from the States and it almost always takes about 1 week, not too bad in my expereince

Sending with Canada Post (for cdns) does sort of suck though, only because of $$$ cost. People can send from some places in the US for cheaper than a neighboring province here in canada

9. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    holy fuck, you JUST got them!? I was thinking the other day "I should message KA and see if he got those damn things yet"

maybe they got lost in the mail and sat on a shelf somewhere or something, I sent those thing god knows how long ago!

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    What's funny is I can get a medium size package shipped from Japan by EMS and have it in 1-2 days for cheaper then that same package shipped express from Vancouver to Toronto and have it take 2-4 days. Nuts!

Definitely, I've talked to people over at Canada Customs and by marking it this way it will 90% of the time breeze right through which will shorten customs delays and chances of charges substantially.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  11. Dark_Rage

Dark_Rage Jaded Member

Be glad you don't have PuroLATER (I mean Purolator) in your country, it's the worst courier company I've ever seen. Their motto or way of working is to immediately slap on the pickup note instead of knocking on your door or ring your doorbell at all. That's not even courier service.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its all good dude. i just gotta keep in mind, alt posting methods when shipping from canada. dont mind either express or at least registered post, so at least trackable.

...so who wants my 2 extra DJs? XD

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    It is not you. Canada Post sucks!

14. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:

anything via canada post isn't trackable outside of the country

it will just say "item has left the country" for the rest of the shipping process, thats why i never opted for tracking ever ;) 

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Good grief...I seriously hope you're joking! XD

My goodness..the Customs guys told you that?! Won't that post a serious security problem???

17. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Canada Post has probably nothing to do with it. Once it leaves the country, they have no control over what's happening.

18. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Yea but all you have to do is go to the countrys postal website that your sending it to and plunk the tracking number into it.

19. nuropa

nuropa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've send something to USA via Xpresspost USA and it showed delivery.

Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2007/05/29 10:38 98052,USA Item successfully delivered to Receiver
    2007/05/26 12:59 International shipment has arrived in the destination country
    2007/05/26 10:06 98052,USA Item out for delivery
    2007/05/24 20:25 International item has left Canada and is en route to destination
    2007/05/24 17:12 RICHMOND, BC Item accepted and entered into sortation plant
    2007/05/24 12:10 VANCOUVER, BC Item accepted at the Post office

20. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I'd still rather use them than UPS.