Is it just me or alot of people underestimate the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by urrutiap, Jul 6, 2011.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

The haters like the hardcore fans who I cant stand and I'm a huge fan since I was a kid growing up in the 80s but I'm a casual fan and I love the first two Transformers movies. The haters and the anti Micheal Bay people really do underestimate the movies.

best things from the movies

-the humor such as The Beef as Sam when he's trying to live a normal life when the Autobots and Decepticons somehow leave him alone for a couple of years between each movie

-Tyrese Gibson's Epps character and Josh's character- Those two are the best since they've dealt with the Decepticon and they bring some humor too

-the movie versions of certain Decepticons like Soundwave, Ravage, Starscream and now Shockwave. I like the new look for them.

-Sam's parents

and the humor thats througout the movie to ease the tension in every movie. That's what the haters really don't see. the Humor and whatever else that they're not seeing

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    From my experience? A lot of people overrate the movies.

3. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I wish I didn't see John Turturro's giant hairy ass on a big screen.

But hey I guess that's the quality funny humor I don't get!

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Or maybe they just don't agree with the type of humor that you seem to like. Doesn't neccesarily make people haters.

Alot of people arguing in the movie forum can't come any further than arguments such as 'you're a hater' and 'you're an apologist'. It's a bit sad.

The movies have their good parts, they have their bad parts. Some parts (like the design) have alot to do with personal taste, which make it hard to discuss. Overall though, trying to be as objective as I can be, it's not really a great trilogy, quality wise.

But let that not stop anyone from loving the shit out of it if they feel that way :) 

5. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

I don't like the humor in these films but I still enjoy the films themselves. I just roll my eyes and wait for the next action scene.

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of the humour is funny, the rest is facepalmingly bad. As for the movies themselves, I like the first and third one because they've got pretty good stories, action set pieces, and characters. Sure they aren't perfect, but most movies never are.

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I cut a DVD rip of ROTF down to about 45 minutes and it was pretty good.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

This is about all that really needs to be said. Though I do think it's funny that the OP comes here to this site, which is full of hardcore fans, to basically insult us all. Stay classy, OP.

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    No you didn't. Turtorro's fat ass was an intelligent hidden message about flat tax income rates.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The sort of battlefield sardonic humour that Epps and Lennox bring to the table has always been worth a smile (Left cheek! Left cheek! was a fucking gut buster and man did I lose my shit with the orange smoke gag) and the character humour that Mearing (Frances McDormand) and Simmons got into, that was also really funny.

Simmons' ass, the Twins, Wheelie humping Mikalea's leg, enemy scrotum and Bumblebee peeing....didn't do so much for me.

Pretty much this: my mother and grandfather loved the first one, but felt a bit put off by some of the humour and camera angles the movie used in regards to Megan Fox. Just didn't sit well with them, nor me really.

11. Rumblebee7

Rumblebee7 Cassete Player

* AWESOME ACTION SCENE ON THE HIGHWAY , MASSIVE INTENSITY *
    skips to dutch
    -_-

I think DOTM needed to pick the right moments for comic relief

12. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

poor writing skills do not help defend the movies and only serve to make me ashamed that i am a fan of something the appeals to the lowest common denominator.

13. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

I loved the three movies. I know a lot of people would be very vocal about their dislike about them, but they were great films. The only problem about the 2nd movie was the toilet humour and a lot of the pointless sexual jokes. DOTM still had some of it, but it wasn't bad as ROTF.

14. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

Well also I think Kevin Dunn has done a good performance as the father in all 3 movies. Better than Eugene Levy in the dumb American Pie movies