Is it impossible to have a good experience in theatres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by megatron10824, Jul 3, 2012.

1. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

It seems the past few times I've gone to a theatre there is either people on the phone constantly or people talking loudly throughout the movie, today I went to see the amazing spider man and in the first few rows I see someone on an iPad through the ENTIRE movie, not once did it go off, I'm considering just giving up on going to the movies all together after TDKR and just catch everything on DVD because I can never seem to be able to enjoy going to the movie theatre anymore.

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I made this decision last year right before Capt America and while I have broken it a few times, I think it is a good decision. Overall people are highly inconsiderate.

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I've only had one issue at the theaters. It was in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the stupid fat kid behind me was loud and pushing on my seat.

I can be held responsible for ruining three movies for people. Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Woman in Black, and Captain America. My friends and I are assholes. Sorry.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Not impossible, but yeah, it can be frustrating sometimes. I usually try to wait at least a week before going to see a new movie, but I'm going to see Amazing Spider-man, tomorrow.

Wish me luck...

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My theatre is generally good. Worst I've had were these parents behind me not watching their children at all and the kids were running up and down the stairs with their glowy shoes and making noise during the entire movie. I also hate when kids talk too much and when people bring their crying baby.

6. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good advice. I generally wait a week or two and haven't had a bad experience.

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    A fight broke out between a guy and a girl at the theatre when I went to go see Hannah. The boyfriend of the girl jump in and it got nasty. We didn't finish seeing the movie that night, as we didn't want see everything again. During Avengers people were laughing at some of the parts which was cool, but you couldn't hear what was said next.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That happened to me too. People were laughing/cheering/clapping so much at certain parts that I couldn't even hear some of the scenes afterwards. I didn't know until I looked online that the Hulk said "puny god" after smashing Loki.

9. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Same here.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well firstly, you should've went and reported the asshole to the manager/whoever and got an usher sent in to make the jackass turn it off or leave.

Secondly, it is possible to have a good experience provided you do what I do: wait a week or more before going. I NEVER go to a movie on the opening weekend. I just can't stand sitting elbow to elbow in a packed house. Then of course there's the usual bad things to worry about. The talkers, cell phone users, seat kickers, etc. etc.

I waited for a little over 2 weeks to go see The Avengers, and I'm sure my experience with that was much better than it would've been had I not waited.

11. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I usually have problems with unruly small children. One is usually talking loudly or crying. This happened when I went to see the Avengers.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care for theaters. For me, watching a movie is a personal experience. Sitting in a large crowded room is not at all appealing, and that's before potential disruptions.

13. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I like to go early. There isn't a lot of people at 9:00 in the morning.

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Heres the problem with people that say theyve had a bad experience with theaters: they go on opening night!!!

I wait a few weeks, go during the day and get small crowds. Perfect experience for me, plus some of our theaters are drafthouses so i can have a full meal there too

15. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I don't usually have bad movie experiences...

If it makes you feel any better, go watch some of the Midnight Release movie reviews on The Cinema Snob.com. Perferrably the Mr. Poppers Penguins reveiw with Jake.

You'll feel alot better with your experiences.

16. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The perfect experience is impossible. A good experience? Meh.

When I went to see Avengers for the third time with my uncle the group of chicks behind us kept commenting on every last little thing, and occusionaly I'd see a flash of light in my peripheral vision which I'm assuming was one of their phones. I can understand if you've seen the movie before, but maybe not everyone else in the theater has. It was pretty annoying.

So yeah, good theater experiences are rare but they don't stop me from seeing what I want to see.

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I rarely go to the movies any more as i don't have the budget for it but when i did this is what i would do.

18. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Movie theaters?

[​IMG]

What's that?

Just kidding. I hate when people do dumb shit like use their Ipads the entire time, especially on a premiere day. Ruined Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kick-Ass for me.

So I got my revenge on them by watching "Battle Royale" in Japanese on my Xoom with large external speakers during the premiere showing of "The Hunger Games".

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Find an independent theatre.

20. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Yeah. I hate it when people do that.

I also hate it when I have to explain stuff during a movie. Super short story time:

I had to explain to my friend who Thanos was during that extra bit in The Avengers. Damn did I get a lot of mean stares....even if it was the end of the movie.