Is it easy to pass a drivers permit test.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G1Decepticons, Dec 16, 2009.

1. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

i am finally 16 and need a learners permit test. I want to know if it is hard to take i got the drivers manul guide btw to study for.

2. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    From what I remember, it was actually pretty easy. This is the permit, so it is just a written, fill-in-the-bubbles test right?

3. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

i hope thats true i got to get it soon. It is like iw ant to drive but i am too lazy to pick up the manual and study.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Study and you'll do fine. But the tests are difficult enough that you should study.

5. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

I will ahve to study. Godd thing my pappay helps me to study. He makes me take pre tests.

6. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Read the Manual, don't be stupid, and read the manual.

You'll have your permit no problem. The licence exam is a bit rougher though.

7. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Just study your butt off just like a test in school and you'll be fine.

8. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I think it varies from state to state and country to country, so it probably depends on where you are. I passed on the first try in Pennsylvania, but my wife failed five times. (I didn't take her back for a sixth...)

9. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

alright i will try man.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'll want to study harder for it than you studied grammar and spelling.

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    the pemit test is kinda easy if you study first. but be very prepared when you go to try for your license

12. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Just study.

You should do fine.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Depends on where you live and how good your common sense is. You'd be amazed at how easy my state's drivers permit "Written" test is if you have enough common sense.

14. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    To be honest as long as you go over the manual and aren't stupid about it you can practically sleep through the test. A whole lot of it is common sense. I'd still study hard...if I were you.

15. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Agree with everyone who said study. When I turned sixteen I tried to wing it wihtout studying and failed three times in a row. Not only was that $20 each time, but my mom was pissed that had to take off work to get me to the DMV. Studied for the fourth and practically aced it.

16. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    The permit test is pretty easy, just make sure you know basics like fines, revocations, blood alcohol level, etc. Maybe an obscure question or two like how many flags does a truck need for so heavy a load. Road signs are easy. With only basic studying you should be able to pass in only a couple attempts, if not the first time.

17. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Ionno about where you live, but the NYS dmv has practice test on their site. I'd say study and do a few of them.

18. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Yes, the permit test was easy, just read the manual and use common sense. The driving test is a breeze as long as you PRACTICE. That and don't buckle under the pressure of having the instructor next to you. Just imagine he/she is someone else and you'll be cool.
    The only thing I forgot to do was using the turn signal when I parallel parked upon returning to the DMV. Dude didn't count it so, worked out ok! Buckle up and good luck! :thumbs2: 

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you thought primary shapes and colors were a bitch in grade school, buy yourself a bus pass and save many lives.

the permit test is just a shade tougher than brain dead easy.
    so read the manual once about an hour before the test *at the very least* and you will be okay.

but really, if you can't be bothered with a book that is short and written on a 4th grade level, i don't want you operating a vehicle. You might not care about "turn signals", "lane changes" or what "Yield" means outside a medieval fair.

so just relax.
    The hard part is being under the hawkish gaze of a 30 year veteran of Hiqhway Patrol who will make you sweat by the gallon just driving down a one way street. that's rough.

20. red4

red4 Banned

In Texas, as far as I know, there is no test for a mere permit. You only take a test for your full-fledged license, and if you pass, you're given a permit to use while your license gets processed - which takes like a month or some crap. On the other hand, if you fail that same test, you might also be given a learner's permit - which is what I have. I took and failed the test in 2005, and they gave me a learner's permit, which is good for 6 years - same duration as a real license. I'm as good a driver, if not better, than most people in my town, so my lack of a real license thus far is due solely to my laziness and unwillingness to wait in line for hours at the DMV. There is, however, a provision on the learner's permit which states that the beholder must be accompanied by a licensed driver when operating a vehicle. I don't comply with that at all, and it's hardly made any difference.