Is it common for Henkei TF to be defect?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SimonMK, Dec 16, 2009.

1. SimonMK

SimonMK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read other topics often mentioning that the Seekers or Coneheads are often loose or they have 2 right hands/legs or something like that.

I am asking this because I started buying Henkei and so far I bought Megatron, who I have yet to transform but the robot mode seem fine.

The Henkei I plan on buying only are:

OP
    Grimlock
    3 Seekers
    3 Coneheads

Does those have common problems? I am not sure if I still want to continue buying Henkei.

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I only have three Henkei Classics -- Megatron, Grimlock, and Thundercracker.

Of those three, the only one I have a problem with is Thundercracker... his missile launchers don't stay on his arms when he's in robot mode; they just plop right off. I don't know how to fix it so that they would stay in his arms without damaging the figure itself, though it would be nice if Hasbro would release a U.S. version of Classics Thundercracker... either that, or I should see about finding a BotCon Classics Thundercracker on eBay.

Grimlock is awesome!

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    so far i have these henkei figures:
    - classic bb
    - c-18 attack team minibots (3-pack)
    - c-19 spy team minibots (3-pack)

some of the defects in noticed:
    - bb's chrome on the hood has some dust-like spots underneath;
    - beachcomber has several paint nicks on the yellow portion;
    - cliffjumper's screw on the right side fender has scraped the plastic.

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Thundercracker is the only one I have that has a defect, the guns did not stay on the arms.
    So I added some crazy glue to the shoulder holes (because they fit the wings) and after the glue dried it was a prob no more.
    all the other Henkei seekers have not one defect, I have all of them, nothing I have Henkei has a problem cept TC, but hes an easy fix.

5. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    As mentioned by another poster, easy fix. Instead of crazy glue, the most common fix for loose ball joints or loose weapons is to use clear nail polish. A thin layer of clear nail polish around the inside of TC's arm holes will fix it up without any damage, and much cheaper alternative than getting a Botcon TC.

On topic, I have all the Henkei releases (except Ghost SS), and other than TC's missile launcher fix, no probs with any of them. They've been pristine, well-assembled, tight joints, good paint apps.

6. SimonMK

News Credits:
    Is every Henkei Thundercracker have that problem? Are you guys talking about the missile launcher thing on his shoulders or when you put it in his hands?

Does putting them under his wings in his alt. mode also have that issue?

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Stop asking questions. Buy them. By the nature of how they're created, all toys will have some kind of issue. Most of the time it's pretty minor and barely noticeable. And it really means nothing on the line as a whole, it's just one in however many thousands of figures were produced.

Thundercracker is the only figure from the Henkei line that had any kind of widespread issue (aside from Grimlock's shoulders, but that was carried over from the Classics mold anyway). But like what's been said, it's an issue easily fixed. Either by tightening the screw on the back of the shoulder, the clear nail polish/super glue trick (I use liquid modeling cement myself), or a bit of both.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
  9. SimonMK

News Credits:
    I asked that question in the topic and no one replied. Isn't Polish Nail sticky? As in when I enter the missile launcher, its hard to enter because I might have put too many or hard to pull out because its clued inside?

I never fixed my TF before, I usually just return and get another one until I find one in perfect condition but I can't do that with Henkei...

*Is tightening the screw on the back of the shoulder enough to fix that? If so then there no problem.*

10. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    clear nail polish in the holes, put the launchers in and twist a bit, remove launchers, and remove polish from the tab, as it will be too big for the wings if you don't, repeat if necessary

11. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

My Thundercracker was loose, Skywarp was a little loose, but not too bad, and my Coneheads were perfectly fine. The only Henkeis I've had any problems with was Thundercracker. The rest have been very good quality.

12. SimonMK

News Credits:
    Is there a recommended Clear Nail Polish or I can buy any cheap ones?

English is not my first language so some stuff I didn't understood:

twist a bit

Twist as in grab the missile launcher and rotate it while its connected in his shoulders?

remove polish from the tab

The tab is the little stick on the missile launcher that is used to enter his shoulder's hole and under wing's hole?

13. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Q. Is it common for Henkei TF to be defect?

A. No, not any more so than the Classics/Universe line. Henkei Thundercracker, and to a lesser degree, Henkei Skywarp, are the only* exceptions.

*I believe Peaugh mentioned in his Dirge review that the gold wings were a little brittle. I don't know if you'd qualify that as a defect or a delicate design.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Boy, that'd suck if a Henkei was defective. All that money and for a defect.

Though from what I've heard, defects aren't really that common.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Thundercracker is looser than, well fill in the blank yourself.

16. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    any TF made in china over the last few years has the potential to be fucked up/jacked up/cracked up/or just plain put together all wrong....

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, I believe that's what probably the "twist" meant. I had the same quality control (QC) problem with the exclusive Henkei Thunder Cracker and Skywarp and I used transparent nail polish and I did the twisting method and the guns stat firmly in place for both bot and jet mode.

As for the rest of the Henkei TFs I have, I don't have any QC problems with them.

Isn't that statement apply to any products, dude? LOL! Most manufacters simply use China because of lower cost and you know of the saying - "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" refer to the quality of work produced.

18. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Thundercracker was floppy and loose. Nail Polish took care of that. All of the other Henkei TF's I have bought are just fine.

19. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    No, though Henkei Thundercracker had a lot of issues all around.

Randy

20. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, and any polish is good, I recommend a topcoat