Is it bad if a ratchet joint starts to squeak?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bountyan, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wondering cause my ROTF Onslaught's (the one from the Bruticus set) waist joint just started squeaking (I can still hear the ratchets, but it makes a squeak sound when I turn it) and I'm getting paranoid about it.

While I'm making this thread, can you tighten energon combiner ports with floor polish or nail polish if the pegs or the holes ever start getting loose?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    1) You could always open it up & clean the dust from inside the ratcheting mechanism. That's what I did on a few of my toys, and you'll be amazed at not only how simple a lot of them are, but how much shit can actually build up inside.

2) I've never owned one of these guys, so I'm gonna pass the buck. I can't imagine why not though, as they look to be the TF equivalent of friction lego.

3. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

2) Yes you can tighten up the combiner ports with super glue or floor/nail polish. Though I would suggest applying it on the pegs, since applying in the holes would gum up the small clips on the inside. Also test a small amount on the pegs to see how the glue or polish will affect the peg since they are clear plastic and depending on what brand of glue/polish you use, can have varying effects on it. You don't want to accidently melt them, so it doesn't hurt to be too careful. (yes it's very wordy)

Hope this helps. It worked wonders on my energon combiners.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

My Onslaught's joints have been squeaking since I opened him. It hasn't really hampered anything.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a relief. And thanks for the advice to the other people that replied. My connector ports are tight right now, but just wanted some tips in case they loosen up in the future.