is IDW dropping the ball?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by shadow panther, Nov 30, 2007.

1. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    according to the original solicits Beast Wars Ascending should have finished up this month (November) yet here we are still waiting for #3 what happened to Su with Devestation #3? I love Roche's art but his pencils seemed rushed here. Im really loving the way IDW has handled TF comics. but the last few months has been a little shaky with scedualing. next week (december 5th) no TF comics are solicited.

2. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

There's been a few changes over on IDW, new owners, new editors, that sort of thing causes a lot of chaos.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

One downside of the vast improvment in the quality of comics over the last two decades has been the need to accept that sometimes they run late.

It's annoying, but I'd rather have IDW's stuff a month later than ever read "Carwash of Doom" again.

4. shadow panther

News Credits:
    oh im with ya there, im only concerned because they have never run this late before. just having some minor dreamwave flashbacks.......... i missed su on devestation #3, any info on what happened there?

5. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

From what I understand, Su just had a new addition to his family so IDW management allowed him to take a break while Roche filled in for him on Devastation. He'll be back in a few issues.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm OK with the delays...my comics budget needs a break every once in a while. Makes the toy budget that much more.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, Su's a daddy, duhn blame him for taking some leave.
    That being said, Ascending AND Devestation are both about an issue behind the projected release dates me thinks. But so long as IDW keeps giving high quality material I could honestly care less. They're doing an amazing job and I'm loving every minute of it.
    DN

8. shadow panther

News Credits:
    actualy according to original solicits Ascending should have just ended. making it 2 issues behind. thus why i was worrying. congrats to Su on being a daddy.

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I also noticed that Ascending was supposed to be all released by now, but like squirrelcar says, i'm happy to wait a bit longer if it means our comics are better quality overall. Tho' i'm getting rather impatient waiting for issue #3 of Ascending at the mo!

10. shadow panther

News Credits:
    personally i wouldnt mind waiting for Su to return from baby leave for Devestation #3 as long as i knew why the book was being delayed. as for ascending i have no damn idea why thats being held up and im very curious to know why

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no problems with IDW except for the guy that letters and does the word balloons for the comics. Guys a moron! Just look at the last page of Devastation #3. :banghead: 

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Considering I'm flat broke and haven't managed to mooch any cash for the rest of Octobers comics let alone Novembers and still no luck scoring a damn job despite my attempts with temp agencies, applicatons to businesses and tapping the relatives for possible job scenes ala Hidden Job Market. Well I'm a little pissed at my lack of buying power through no fault of my own... Ok some fault of my own, but still it's nice to know I won't be missing too much... As it stands I probably have close to 120$ in comics to pick up right now and no hope of having even 25$ for a couple of them so I won't lose my Bin come December 31st.

Er, yeah, rant over. Sorry about that, but seriously I could care less about everything else right now I just WANT my new COMICS now! I am a tad obsessed about such things and I hate, hate, HATE being behind.

I wouldn't worry about IDW pulling a DW, after all IDW is leaps ahead of DW when it comes to business sense if you ask me.

13. Dark Ramjet

Dark Ramjet Waiting patiently

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this really been posted in the comics thread? As for my opinoin on IDW they may be a little late recently, but I'm just glad there's Transformers comics to be had.

14. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

It's a Generation 1 homage ;) 

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I dunno... if we get any more weak sauce stories like the Ramjet Spotlight, I'd start to wonder if they're dropping the ball too. :p 

zmog

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like also like to point out that Megatron's origins was also pretty "weak". In fact, I was caught off-guard it given the fact that I've been impressed by what IDW has put out previously.

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, that's my opinion too. I don't mind the wait so long as there's some to be read each month.

Yeah, the two companies are totally different, IDW publishes a lot of other stuff, unlike DW, who only put out TF books. Plus IDW doesn't put out as many TF books - they only do minis which I personally think is better, and I love the format of the TF Spotlight issues taking different characters to focus on and expand their parts in the story.
    Just wish the font wasn't so small in Spotlight Ramjet!

18. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

I'd have to agree that the Megatron:Origin mini did let me down a wee bit. It seemed to drag at the begining and then at the end the fight was over too quick. I guess after all this time I just expected something bigger from Megs. Oh well, maybe the new "Galvatron and Megatron are different people" bit will work out really well. Oh, and I have to agree, I'm extremely looking forward to Ascending #3 and Devestation #4...though Sunstreaker as a headmaster doesn't fit to me. I would expect Nightbeat or Hardhead, but I guess thats the G1 fan in me.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I pretty much enjoyed IDW's work! The writing's pretty good but the characterization of certain characters' caught me off-guard. For example, Sunstreaker. I expected him to be more er, "bloody thirsty"! XD

20. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I found it to be a bit of a let-down too... Granted, it would be hard to really capture Megatron's origin in a satisfactory way after all these years. Every fan has their own "epic" origin for Megatron in mind, even just vaguely... so I guess anything (especially a jumbled 4-issue limited series) is going to come up short.

I liked many of the ideas in Megatron:Origin, but I just didn't find that they were executed as well as they could have been.

Yeah! And not only that, but out of all the car bots on Earth, Sunstreaker is supposed to have a superstrong upper torso that's almost impervious to artillery... so naturally, he's the one that gets taken out like a chump by a bunch of humans, with a shot to the bod.

I mean, I suppose I can't expect Furman to remember EVERY little Tech Spec Profile detail like a real fan would :) D), but I would find it gratifying if he would do his research and make those kinds of nods more often...

zmog