Is HTFD Movieverse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Charsiupao, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put all the yellow card legends with my movie toys.

I put Terradive, Tomahawk, Hailstorm, Payload, Seaspray, Hubcap, Oil Pan (repurposed as Skystalker) etc are all going on my CUG shelves.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    HFTD = movie
    PCC = movie
    Generations = catch all

Figures from previous lines are not bought.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

yes I consider all HFTD as in the movie verse. as the package label,art & instructions clearly are under the movie verse.

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

yes I consider all HFTD TF Toys as in the movie verse. as the package label,art & instructions clearly are under the movie verse.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I generally only consider the character movieverse if the Paramount and Dreamworks logos are on the back of the package.

6. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

HFTD is more of a hybrid style, kinda misfits that don't really fit in either movie-verse or "classics". Though depending on personal preferences some could be shoehorned into either line. Some are a little more "classics-ish" and some are a little more movie-ish.

HFTD is just a sub-line of the yellow packaging though. The yellow packaging is a catch all line. The Reveal the Shield line which is VERY classics styled is under the yellow packaging.

So it really is all up to your own preferences.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Opinion thread is opinionated.

OK, sorry, I've had a few beers, and I feel a little dorkier for using a meme, but... like a few have said, it's kind of a catch-all. It seems, to me, that it's a bit of a hybrid between movie toys and "classics" toys (ie, currently Generations). Like Seaspray, for example. I think he fits with my Classics stuff, but I know of one post where someone thought that was a very silly place to put him, as they thought Seaspray was CLEARLY movie-styled. I think he's pretty in-between, like a Classics styled toy that's taken cues from the movie toys. Hubcap is another example. Breacher is a HTFD scout that has a very Classics-styled head, but the body has all that detailing of movie toys. Others, like Deluxe Ironhide, are movie-verse styled. Personally, I'm planning to get the white and red deluxe Ratchet recolor and repurposing him as my Universe Ratchet's apprentice... though it might look a little off. I think Has/Tak is trying to take the best of both styles and combine them in HFTD stuff (for the most part), with varying degrees of success.

So where do HFTD toys fit? Wherever the hell you want em to. :) 

8. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

'nuff said

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no, hftd is a promotion

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    The Allspark Power thing was a promotion too and it was clearly tied to the movie. HFTD is no different since it uses movie characters/molds/remolds/movie-styled molds.