Is Hobby Link Japan reliable?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by BuildKing, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NOT for MISB'ers

I used then for Henkei Skyfire. I used SAL, and it took about 12 days to get to me. The kicker was that they didn't even use packing material. Just shrink-wrapped it to a piece of cardboard and put it in a tight fitting box. The outer box got crushed and with no packing material it crunched the inner box.

This is from their website:
    "We will happily replace items if the actual product is damaged, but if you absolutely must have an item with a "mint" condition outer box, we recommend you make your purchase from a shop that caters to collectors. "

So if you like nice packaging or MISB items, I'd pass on them. Otherwise they have good prices and reasonable shipping costs.

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well put my pre-order in I guess I will see what my shipping cost will be come September.

3. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always use EMS and two of my orders from them was packaged like this as well, but the outer box was not even tight fitting. Both times the cardboard plate was shaking around inside the box. One would think that just a little bubblewrap inbetween wouldn't be too much to ask of them.

I do hope they do better with the CM's Genesic GaoGaiGar I ordered, if not, I will not be happy.