Is High Moon REALLY thinking about a sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

If you haven't beaten the game for some reason and are worrying about spoilers, now would be the time to leave...

Anyway, I do remember them saying something about they would love to make a sequel if WFC did well (which it did thankfully:) ) but since the end of the game left off with the Autobots ready to head off into space and inevitably get to Earth. Now we also know that WFC is actually Transformers: Prime continuity. If High Moon studios were to do a sequel, wouldn't they have to do it as a licensed game under the Transformers: Prime name? And that could be a little restricting.

And if it can't be a TF: P game then where would it take place?

2. Atlas Prime

Atlas Prime holdin up cybertron

The core autobots were left on cybertron along with all the decepticons, so they could have a game from the end of war for cybertron and ending in them going to earth.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    First the Ark was only just commissioned. We can have many games before it's complete.

Second, WFC wasn't made as a Prime prequel. It's the other way around. WFC is a generic background for all Transformers fiction. It's for Prime, the 80's cartoon, the comics, basically everything. Don't look at it too closely just accept that these events happened roughly for all things Transformers.

Third, I HIGHLY doubt they would brand the sequel with Prime. War for Cybertron has a brand all its own now and Brand recognition is a powerful thing.

Fourth, they made this game as a generic background to the cartoon so Prime was not and likely never will be a factor.

4. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd avoid Earth entirely. Leave it on Cybertron. The writers can come up with any excuse to keep the action there and quick frankly it's refreshing to have Transformers:

a) on their native planet
    b) without humans
    c) in their awesome Cybertronian forms

There's so much more to see. Besides the cities from Cybertron, how about it's moons? Nearby planets/stations?

I'm hoping for something a bit more sandbox style involved in a sequel, but I'm not sure they'll want to stray from their formula. Which is too bad, because having finally played it I do know now for certain that I prefer the single player campaign to the multiplayer.

I just want Cybertron mapped out (perhaps in portions) but with some free roam elements. It would be great to transform and fly up and back to Cybertron's moons, board enemy vessels, invade the core, whatever.

5. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Exactly. There is still so much more to offer on Cybertron, and more characters to introduce. It will take some time for a world wide evacuation. So I can see the Decepticons' story focusing on destroying the last of the Autobots, while the Autobots are focusing on getting everyone off the planet.

6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    simple defend the ark it would make it easy for a story plot

and then the 3rd game should be to earth

4th rodimusprime and unicron

5th should be back on cybertron with rodimusprime

6th if possible go into masterforce and victory and headmasters :D  possible 7th 8th there

and then go into beastwars and make all the fans scream with such joy our heads blow up

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind Earth but Cybertron is cool. And as others have pointed out they have yet to reveal the other characters.

8. Chaddicus

Chaddicus Don't call me Shirley

I say place it on Moon Base 1 and 2! That'd be great for a sequel and gives some more tie-ins with the 86 movie.

9. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Here's a good idea for a sequel:

War For Cybertron: The Rise of Host Migration

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

I wish everyone that keeps making a big deal about this WFC-Prime continuity would read this.

11. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Where are you getting this crap about "WFC being a generic background for all Transformers fiction/the cartoon" from? Hasbro pretty damn clearly said it's meant to be a Prime prequel.

12. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

:lolol  THREAD WON!!!!!

13. ganondorf2002

ganondorf2002 Member

I would love to see two or three more games based on WFC. But like many others I hope they stay on Cybertron or nearby planets and avoid earth. The story and campaign were great, a bit short but great. Maybe in a sequel they would devote more to the number of missions. Say 10 or so for each faction.

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Thinking about it? They're most likely already working on it.

15. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    This. :lol 

Anyway, I still don't believe that War for Cybertron is a prequel to Prime. Why? Just take a look at WFC Bumblebee. Now Prime Bumblebee. Now WFC Bumblebee again. See any differences? War for Cybertron's characters look more like their G1 selves, whereas the Prime characters have a well-mixed blend of the traditional G1, movie, and Animated aesthetics.

Even if War for Cybertron is a prequel to Prime, then there would have been some sort of energy wave that would have drastically altered all the Transformers' exo-structures from their War for Cybertron bodies to their Prime bodies.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    According to HASBRO, WFC is a TF: Prime prequel.
    According to High Moon, WFC is a G1 prequel.

High Moon Studios, who were just as clear about the game they made.
    There's probably enough flexibility to allow for either path to take.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exodus mentions Velocitron, Gigantion and the Hub, there's plenty of places for a game sequel without interfering with Prime.

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a sequel were to be made, I'd like to see this. With maps on Earth, the Moonbases, and the Junk planet. But I doubt it'll happen.

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not just let the sequel be on earth? And maybe we could get some free roam.

20. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I don't understand is why everyone has to be so damned indignant as to what precedes what in terms of continuity. I'm not going to believe anything precedes anything until I see it first hand, and from my assumption it seems like they're trying to set up a basic "Generation 1" for the new fans to understand where all of these random references seem to draw from. We've never had a consistent continuity between series so why start begging for one now? TF has been a lot like Zelda in this sense, where each continuity is vaguely related to the past ones by including similar characters and events and junk. I just don't see why it matters for people to get so fervent about what precedes what. What difference does it end up making on your whole experience what someone else believes.

Anyway, I think that the sequel could work on the in between from Cybertron to Earth, they could really take the Planetary exploration method and go to all of the random planets that are always referenced such as planet Junkion, the Quints, the Nebulans. Hell how about THEY MAKE SOME UP. Have Scorponok be the Main Bad or something, let Megatron be all "We're going to find you Autobots I SWEAR IT!" and the end of the game could be the Autobots getting to earth to find that *Shocker* the Cons have already gotten there. Third game could be the end all battle for Earth. Bam. Trilogy. Done and done.