Is having movie influnences on the rest of the TF brands such a crime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jan 7, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Since the movies started to appear we have what is esentully a rebirth of intrest in the TF franchise in recent years. Natrually as a company Hasbro deceided to bring more of the movie aspects in their other brands like TFA, WFC,and currently Prime.

However some people have complained that the reason thye don't like the later brands is because they have "bayformer" influnceces in them in terms of design,story and characters. I know we have different opinons and such but honestly why is it such a crime for them? It's understandable why they wern't happy about how the movies turned out but just because a show or game has aspects of the movieverse strong or otherwise doesn't mean it'll turn out bad. In fact it may turn out even better!

Remember Batman TAS? That has influnces from the Tim Burton films and yet look how well it helped it! Even the creators said they wouldn't have gotten that far if they didn't use the movies as an inspiration.

So what are your thoughts?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    G1 was the go-to series for homages and influence until the movies. Now all preceeding shows carry a mix of the two. Honestly, I don't see the problem. We had our share of G1 homage after G1 homage. It's not like it's been replaced, just has a partner.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

TF series always make call backs to previous franchises, I see nothing wrong with it.

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Exactly! So I don't see the problem either! In fact it's nice that Hasbro does remember how important G1 was to a lot of people and it's doing a good job paying attention to both old and new fans of the franchise!:)  It's great to see something new alongside the original stlye for a change.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Unless you think time travel is possible, the word you're looking for is "succeeding", not "preceding".

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

It will continue to happen forever.

I would dislike however the movie influencing the story itself. Basically Decepticons with little charecter and die easily to the Autobots.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I go to the other series as a way to escape from the movies, to have some little refuge where I really don't have to even think about the movies for a while. After feeling bombarded with movie related news, toys, and assorted things that make the movies the 800 pound gorilla in the room it's nice to just be free of it all if only for a little while.

I know some people were annoyed by Animated Bumblebee but I actually liked the guy because he was nothing at all like movie Bumblebee. He was an alternative to movie Bumblebee.

Plus even when something tries so hard to make up for movies in some way the horrible ideas find a way of creeping back in. Sure Star Wars the Clone Wars has turned the Clones into something rather cool but you still have the Gungans show up every so often to remind you of just how bad the prequels were. I just don't want things to remind me of the things I didn't like about the movies even if the movies did have some good ideas.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Every good transformers show has managed to borrow concepts from most, if not all the incarnations before it.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    But what about movie influnced characters like the TFP Arcee,and Megatron? They have arguably taken aspects from the movies and yet turned out MUCH better then them!

10. MetalSymphony

MetalSymphony Active Member

I'd say no, but those that don't like the Movie design's would say it is.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I would say no.

However I feel that going forward future pieces of media should look to Prime and Animated for inspiration.

12. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    The only "crime" is the lack of BW influence.

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah I understand that too since I'm also a fellow Beast Wars fan!:lol 

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I blame the facts that Beasts aren't in any more.

Though TFA did get to do Blackarachinda, Waspinator and Cheetor.

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    True! Don't forget Rattletrap/Rattrap and Depthcharge too!

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, it surely is not.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Well, except that the design aesthetic is something that really isn't getting borrowed from the movies very much, and that's what the movie-haters usually complain about. "Skeletal," "crumpled tinfoil," etc., are complaints that can't and won't be applied to the aesthetics of later lines. If anything, Prime takes more aesthetic influence from Animated than from the movies. There are some obvious design choices made with Bumblebee and a few others that reference specific individual designs, they bring nothing of what most of the haters were actually complaining about.

I think it's closer to what Ash was saying. It reminds those people of something they hated, even if none of what they hated about it comes through. But honestly? That sounds more like a personal problem than a problem with the show.

18. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

the whole bumblebee not talking anymore is the main concern I have with it..I think it's lame IMO...

19. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I'm okay with it, but I don't like that most people now only know movie transformers..... Some people don't even know Optimus Prime but know Bumblebee, and I'm not joking!

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Wait, isn't that impossible? With Optimus having more screen-time than BB and all?