Is Hasbro in the habit of leaving parts out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

I was transforming my new Voyager Class Lugnut, and noticed that one of the purple locking mechanisms that locks the front and back peices of his right leg was missing. Luckily when you stand the figure it holds his leg together no problem but I do find it annoying. Considering I paid $10 for Lugnut I suppose I cant complain but still kinda disgusted.

I have had a Red Alert that was missing a screw that holds his arm on and a Thundercracker who's wing was so loose it damn near fell off.

Has hasbro gotten lazy? Maybe I just have rotten luck?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Probably just QC issues.

3. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Sounds like the usual QC errors that everyone gets from time to time.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

In my life I have probably owned over 500+ Transformers toys. I have only ever had ONE QC issue and that was my Animated Purple Shockwave was missing a finger.

Am I just incredibly lucky or are some people amazingly unlucky? Who knows..?

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Only toy I've had with QC issues is Cyberverse Sentinel, who I promptly returned.

6. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

They probably have Stevie Wonder and Ronnie Milsap working at the factory in China.

7. Bluestreak76

Well seeing as I bought this for $10 at a TJ Maxx, 45 miles away I have no intention of returning it. For what I paid for it I can deal with a missing locking mech.

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're just really lucky. Hope it stays that way, maybe if your luck is empirically proven I can get you to buy figures for me. :D 

I've had my fair share of weird QC problems like two left hands, plastic mold flash and I believe one or two missing screws. One especially common one is loose joints, but luckily that is fixable.

9. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only QC problem I've had were some paint apps missing on universe starscreams leg. Oh and DOTM skyhammers legs were a bit loose, but I fixed that by tightening the screws.

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    he only QC issues I have are very minor ones on my ROTF Leader Optimus Primes arms where there are small indents.

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I bought an Animated Waspinator missing his mandibles once. I think that's the only time a new figure I bought was missing a part.

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    If you paid ten bucks that sucks because u likely bought it at a ross or TJ Maxx, bc it's not like they have the sotck for you to go and return it for another. :-\

13. Bluestreak76

Yes TJ Maxx as I said and I bought the only 1 they had. Im annoyed by it but I can live with it. It just means his leg halves dont snap together on his right side. It does not effect his vehicle mode and in robot mode they stay together when you stand him up.

14. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I am the king of QC issues. My e-hobby Rodimus had two left feet, EVERY DOTM figure I have gotten I have had to exchange, and loose joints all the time. Even FP's City Commander had QC issues and I paid $150 for it. Every time I buy a figure I cross my fingers and think that maybe, just maybe, there wont be anything wrong with it.

15. Bluestreak76

I think I returned 4 Universe Classics prowls because the paint was pourus on his doors and roof and rubbed off when it came into contact with finger oils... I ended up giving up on him after I returned the 4th. Bluestreak (Silverstreak but I REFUSE to call him that cause of a TM issue) had the same problems but I managed to get lucky on my second one but I left him sealed for 6 months b4 I opened him LOL. LUCKILY by the time they released Smokescreen the figure had a gloss paint on the doors and roof and the paint issues were not present. I had a problem with Sideswipe's arms being molded incorrectly too.

I guess it seems I got lucky on the leg latch as it could have been worse I suppose.

It's kinda dumb, I know the latch is insignificant but it still gnaws at me LMAO!

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    okay that was totally uncalled for....ronnie milsap and stevie wonder are AWESOME

i've had some QC issues, ones that fill me with rage cause hasbro stole those toys from me

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Put together a couple thousand parts an hour, and we'll see how many mistakes you make.

18. Bluestreak76

My friend thinks I should find another Lugnut and break my current one down into parts to sell in my ebay store o_O ? I really don't see people buying parts for lugnut lol. That and I don't really sell transformers in my ebay shop right now....I mostly specialize in video games.

19. TCJJ

TCJJ 100% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You could try emailing Hasbro. They're meant to help you fix these things. Although I had a quality control problem with Animated Jazz and they told me that was how it was manufactured. Which was a lie because only a select few other people had the same problem, and the rest did not.

20. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I've never had an actual piece missing from a Transformer, just the occasional paint app.