Is Hankei/Classics over?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ghost Prime, May 3, 2009.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

im just curious but is the classic/henkei line finally over now? when Hasbro screwed everyone over and cancelled the Alternators line i found the only Transformers i collected were classics/Henkei and masterpiece

im just curious but is Red Alert the LAST figure to be released in the Henkei/Classic line? i dont want the line to die because aside from MP/Alts its the only line i really care about

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hiatus for now until announced otherwise

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Classics/Universe-wise it's not cancelled. It's on hiatus while the RotF merch makes it's mark.

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

you mean a GOOD toy line is being replaced by the crap that is the movie toy line? toys which most people try and sell once they have them because there rubbish? i can understand Hasbro screwing us all but surely Takara wont stop the Henkei line for the awful movie figures will they?

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro said the plan was to continue Universe 2.0 throughout the ROTF run via store exclusives. Such as the recent Darkwing and Countdown ultras, the three new Titanium repaints that're due out for Target, and some more dollar store scout repacks.

There's also the Energon combiner repaints, which were released in Universe packaging in the south eastern region of Asia and Australia. They're due out in ROTF packaging around the week of the movie's release according to Hasbro Canada.

ALSO, the movie line, despite what any of us fans think, was the best selling Transformers line in the entire 25 years of the brand. It makes NO financial sense to back Universe instead of the line behind the big blockbuster due out in 2 months.

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    It's not being replaced it's being sidelined.

Also, i still have my TF movie figures, I like them, I'm buying some RotF figures. So I completely disagree with the crap-rubbish label.

7. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

power rangers the movie 5 here we come then....

8. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I've wondered that myself. Considering how they are releasing figures not yet made by Hasbro for the Universe 2.0 line (Red Alert). Maybe they have molds already produced of future bots. I hope we get word that Hasbro will release a Red Alert Figure.

9. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics is on hiatus but as for Henkei, it is possible that it is on hiatus too or it is over. According to Snakas blog and an article in King Figures no. 134, which hints that there is nothing in the planning process for Henkei toyline.

article
    2nd article

So it is hard to say.....

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    To be fair, Hasbro had its own share of exclusive characters that fans in Japan would probably want to get ahold of too, ala Acid Storm.

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Thats because it was a NEW Movie/Toy Line. This is a Sequal with Much the same looking figs as during that year. So there is going to be a drop in sales somewhat. I dont think it will hit anywhere near what it did with the first.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i couldn't aghree more, how many parents are going to buy another leader class prime or megatron for their kids (until they buy jetfire and find out they combine, if that will help much) bumblebee, ironhide, rachet, starscream, blackout redeco etc, most likely won't sell as good as before, a lot of, no you already have that one will be heard in toy stores around the world

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    However, the rereleases appear to be cleverly spliced in between the new toys. Anyone who missed out on the originals, can get these new versions. That's why Hasbro makes the repaints. To sell the toys to those who missed out the first go around. For everyone else, there's a whole lot of new toys coming.

As regards Universe / Henkei - Henkei is effectively over, RotF is taking its place in Japan. Universe is being kept alive as a brand much as the first Universe was, for exclusives and dollar store repacks. However, as the Superion and Bruticus sets demonstrate, a lot of Universe stuff might end up becoming Movie line exclusives, much like Fracture and company before them.

14. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

thanks a lot for the articles man.

i just want a nice version of scrouge, lol.