is ghiaxus a headmaster in the idw g1 mythos?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 1, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the reason i ask this question people is because he has that whole headmaster look going for him body wise that the old guy and hunter have when each of them gained their new bodies as technology enhanced humans.

i would rather not speculate on what or who jhiaxus'es headmaster body may or may not be but the guy certainly has a unicronian look going for him when it comes to the whole glowing green optics effect

at best it raises the possiblity of unicrons existance or at the very least that jhiaxus might very well be a surviving follower of unicron.

what are your thoughts people?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it may be too early to tell. Jhiaxus has only been mentioned a couple of times and has only appeared all of once / twice, and has yet to do anything.

Being the mad scientist, though, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have some sort of special ability as a result of self-experimentation though.

3. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Do we even know what his alternate mode is supposed to be? When I first saw him in Devastation #6, I assumed he'd turn into a giant head like Megabolt Megatron.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt it. Jhiaxus is an agent of Nova Prime, who was enacting a policy of galactic expansion. Being a high ranking officer of his, it's unlikely that any of them (the officers of Nova Prime and crew of his Ark) would be interested in any sort of "contamination" that would occur through the headmaster process as we know it; they may be interested in the idea of being able to become a little robot in the event that all that's left is their head, but to be bonded to a flesh slub seems rather dubious and contrary to their likely ideology.

Besides, it's pretty clear that in the IDW universe, Scorponok is working on this process and will develop it as we know it; I'd almost be willing to bet that the next time we see him, he'll be a headmaster. Having two different "villians" develop the same technology is redundant and silly.

While TF Comicverses tend to be fresh takes, there are often a lot of constants. Certain characters always seem to follow similar developmental routes, and as such, it seems unlikely that anyone who wasn't a headmaster in the past would be one in the future, especially when we see those we know to be headmasters becoming headmasters.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

actually what i meant by my question is this

is jhiaxus himself the headmaster component partner to another much larger transformer

that is to say can jhiaxus himself form the head of a larger transformer like being?

for all we know he could be one who was sent to infiltrate scybertronion society with his true intentions being that he would use the decepticon's war as a cover ploy to mask his true intentions

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    His preportions aren't meant to be headmaster-looking, they're meant to make him look batshit-insane. Because that's what Jhiaxus is in IDWverse, he's practically Dreamwave's Shockwave, coming up with all these new crazy technology's. Headmaster tech is specifically Scorponok created, and I doubt Jhiaxus has gotten ahold of that already. That's not to say he won't get some headmaster stuff going on in the future, but IMO that'd just be retarded. He's already unique enough as it is, no need to throw in another gimmick.
    DN

7. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

While TF Comicverses tend to be fresh takes, there are often a lot of constants. Certain characters always seem to follow similar developmental routes, and as such, it seems unlikely that anyone who wasn't a headmaster in the past would be one in the future, especially when we see those we know to be headmasters becoming headmasters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but what about Sunstreaker? So in this brave new world realy any bot/con can adopt any concept. Whatever Simon Furman comes up with.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    was he not a jet in the old comics?

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Some sort of space shuttley thing. I just looked at the comic again, there's nothing overly obvious to say he's some sort of giant ass headmaster, he's just one hunch-backed, ugly SOB with weird-ass proportions (see movie Starscream).
    DN

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well I guess you been missing something.It seems from your post that you've been following "Devestation" but I dont think you've notice the sub plot of the story.

Its been pretty clear since about issue 3 that they were going to make Sunstreaker a Headmaster by the end of the story arc and in issue 6 they did just that.

Sunstreaker has never been a Headmaster in any of the other comics before so it looks like IDW has thrown a wrench in your theory.

11. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. It's been said several times - No Unicron in IDW G1.

Not read Devestaion 6 yet? We've seen Scorponok and he is a Headmaster, only this time his companion is a human named Dante. As several others have mentioned - Sunstreaker is also a headmaster now.