Is Galaxy Force Star Scream Really Really Rare?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, May 3, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I Checked on Ebay,i Bearly had any Luck and also The TRU Version That went No where,What The Hell,I don't see even the Larger Version I have?

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) Please use capital letters appropriately. Proper punctuation would help, too.

2) GF Starscreams got snatched up because people liked both the size and the color scheme of the Japanese release, so they fetch a bit more nowawdays. The TRU voyager size is kinda rare due to it being a store exclusive. As for big giant Starscream...no clue. I bet there's still some on store shelves somewhere.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I bet he typed his post in all caps, the board apparently fixes that now.

4. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

I would say he's fairly rare, but then again, there isn't a high demand for him either. Ebay has 2 on there for BIN. One costs 60.00, the other is 62.00. I got mine for 40.00 when GF first came out.

5. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I bought the last one on ebay a couple of months ago. atleast last time I checked.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I got my GF Starscream back in July of last year, as part of a huge lot from Ebay.

The TRU 2-pack with Vector Prime still clogs shelves here, I'd get it now its only £15, but I just cant justify a third Vector Prime.

7. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    nO i dONt tHiNK hE Is rArE You arE jUsT NOt hAVINg MucH lUck, GOod LuCK FIndInG hIm. :p 

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    stop trolling.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The problem is more to do with both Voyager Starscreams being retained by collectors rather than them being rare in terms of actual numbers produced.

10. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Not trying to argue with a mod cause I know what could happen but if you were talking to me I used this :p  to show I was only kidding.

Again I dont want to look bad cause REDLINE is cool. :rock 

All good? Sorry if I'm causing trouble I dont want any, I have waited years for a log-in on this site, believe me I'm not trying to get banned.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Eh?

Anyway, I would imagine that it's a rarity now mostly due to US/non Japanese collectors who didn't spring for GF when it first came out wanting a Voyager sized Starscream rather than the King Kong size going back and picking them up once they realized they weren't going to get it here, thus increasing demand inordinately.

Personally, I lucked out, and got both GF Starscream and Vector Prime for $25 bucks or so with an early bird special through HLJ, which laughably along with Noisemaze and DVD Noisemaze where the only GF figures I got from the line. Of them, 2 were altered while 2 never came out here. So, I won that game, you could say.

12. Masterblaster

Masterblaster FP is funny, not lame.

I also count myself as being lucky; someone on the Transfandom Forums (name of HMRC4EVR, I believe) was dissatisfied with his Galaxy Force Starscream. As soon as he offered it up, I pounced on it.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I want one of those too, especially after getting the mold in the TRU 2-pack.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i passed on the 2 pack, cuz i didnt like the colors, and i was watching a GF ss on ebay a few months ago, and when i had finally saved up enough money, it sold before i got to it....someday im sure ill get one...its the last piece i need for my cybertron collection....

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

On a related question... anybody have any ideas as to whether Hasbro might give us a not-exclusive repaint of the GF-sized Starscream in the future? Is there any reason why they wouldn't?

As far as I know, they only used it the once for the 2-pack. It's a good mold, and it seems like a waste to be dredging up weaker Energon and Armada molds into eternity (armada Demolishor and Sideswipe again?? WTF?), when there's a mold here that's pretty sweet, AND that they haven't repainted a million times already.

Aren't we about due for one? I don't even care what colour they go for. Just make it happen, Hasbro!

zmog

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I always thought they would release Starscream in GF colors near the end of Cybertron, as case filler. Buuuut noooooo, they had a better idea: Vector Prime repaint!

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, fuck vector prime repaints....they shoulda repainted him in that box set instead....and then released a good voyager SS at the end of cybertron....

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    there are seriously 5 of theem at the Fred meyer by my house. i think they'l still be there when Heroes starts. (they jsut got rid of the Energon Ultras that had been there for 2 years)

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i did kinda want that repaint, but mostly for the minicon and the sword...cuz i wanted to give cyb unicron the sword, cuz i like him as bludgeon better...but then i just got a sword from the mcfarlane samurai spawn stuff...looks way better then a bloody broadsword woulda....

20. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I thought I would get permanently banned if I were trolling?