Is G1 Bluestreak always the blue version on his color instructions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I got a few instruction manuals amongst some other things today and noticed Bluestreak is the blue version on the color instructions I got of him.

He's looking pretty good like that, but I was wondering the status of instruction manuals picturing him as such.

[​IMG]

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the Diaclone (pre-TF) toy in there. They all have that, as far as I know.

The real Diaclone Bluestreak is worth a fortune.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly all of G1 Bluestreak's instructions had him in "blue". My take on this? Whoever took pictures of him simply used a Diaclone "blue" Bluestreak at that time.

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Word. Worth it's weight in gold practically.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that is, until a blue bluestreak gets reissued! :lol 

6. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    I'd be all over a reissue if they did. E-Hobby did release a chrome version and an anime version with black hood.

I'd love to have a Blue Bluestreak at a reissue price. Probably wishfull thinking, but it is certainly possible.

7. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Encore reissue? I wish :( 

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Word. The fact that blue Bluestreak technically isn't a Transformer is the only thing that's kept me from going after it. It would be neat to see the toy reissued and finally branded as an actual TF.

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I just bought a reissue on clearance and have painted it blue. actually haven't finished yet, but it looks surprisingly like the original. I'm surprised that more people didn't do the same. I think I've only ever seen one or two customs.

10. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I did that. Bought reissues of Bluestreak and Smokescreen at TRU for 7 bucks or so, swapped the parts to be the correct colors, and painted the body up to look like blue Bluestreak. I was pretty pleased with how it looked, although I'm no customizing expert. After a few weeks I put it on ebay and it sold for a fortune...something like $250 if I recall. I was flabbergasted, I was expecting maybe $50. I made crystal clear in the auction title, pics, and description that it was a custom using reissues as a base. I even reminded the winner at the end of the auction that it was not an official release just in case.

Such is the insatiable appetite of this fandom for blue Bluestreak that people would actually spend that much money on an amateur custom. I'm surprised that neither Takara nor Hasbro had the foresight to officially release one. It was a no brainer for an e-hobby release at least.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

What did you do to get the back window pieces that lighter bright blue vs. the dull blue of the rest of blue bluestreak?

12. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

See, it was the boxart, those instructions, and even the collection booklet that completely taunted me as a kid. I always wanted that version, because well his name is BLUEstreak after all. Over the years it almost became an obsession of mine. The one thing in the whole world that I wanted most was that damn figure. Hell, when I first got on the internet back in the day, I was pretty much known as the guy who wanted a Blue Bluestreak. Even now there are remnents of this obsession, just check out my icon to the left.... yes Blue Bluestreak yet again.

I literially prayed that there would be an ehobby repaint for him. My hopes weren't even dashed when they ended up being Anime Bluestreak and Chrome Bluestreak.

Then came my golden opertunity. A friend of mine in Japan helped me out. He spotted (or I spotted, don't really recall for sure) a MIB Blue Diaclone Fairlady Z up for auction on ebay japan. Well, I went after it with everything I had..... and I SOOOOOOO lucked out and won it for $360. People often speak of holy grails, well this my friends to me was the truest meaning of those words. The only thing in the world that I could get to top the Blue Bluestreak I already own, is one that is in better condition, or eek SEALED in a case fresh box!

Now, if fate smiles on me again and he becomes part of the encore line.... I'll be getting no less than three. One obviously to keep sealed, one to open (finally a loose BBS to drool over) and one as a spare just incase disaster strikes and my loose figure gets damaged.

A small sampling of my love for BBS over my years on the internets....

First BBS themed banner I made..
    [​IMG]

Another one, but it's subtle... look at the quote. :D 
    [​IMG]

One of the best BBS pics I've come across...
    [​IMG]

Pics from the actual auction...
    [​IMG]

13. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    That's awesome, man.

I'm not usually one to purchase multiples, but if blue Bluestreak got Encore'd, I'd do the "one sealed, one in bot mode, one in car mode" route for sure.

14. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Oh man, I didn't even think of that! Okay, I'd need at least 4 then.

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I'll take 5! One sealed, one bot, one car and two in mid transformation!

:redface2: 

Yeah okay..but at least 2, probably 3.

16. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    That's a steal for a MIB one, Backpack! Nice!

C'mon, E-Hobby....

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I always wanted a Blue Bluestreak has a child. I certainly wish that Ehobby would make one. Was there any explanation has to why the cartoon turned him silver, and not blue when his name was Bluestreak?

18. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The name really has nothing to do with the color...

From dictionary.com:

blue streak
    –noun
    1. something moving very fast: They traveled like a blue streak through Italy.
    2. continuous, rapid, or interminable speech: to talk a blue streak.

However, it does seem logical to me that when Bob Budiansky was naming the characters, he was looking at the original (blue) artwork and thought, "that would be a fitting name for this guy".