Is FOC worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BluePineapple72, Aug 21, 2017.

1. BluePineapple72

BluePineapple72 New Member

Since I recently started caring about transformers again, I've decided that I want to try out FOC since I skipped it when it released.

So at its current standard retail price, is Fall of Cybertron worth it in your opinions? Is multiplayer still active? (On Xbox one)

Thanks for reading!

2. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're unsure, there are gaming rental sites that let you check it out. I personally liked FoC. It was worthy sequel to WfC. So much lore/story in it that it has me salivating for more.

Regarding PvP, I'm not sure how active the game is on any of the platforms. But then again, I never dove into that aspect of the game as much.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I thought the campaign, though nothing that terrific on the actual story side, was a great successor to WFC. Unrelenting spectacle, cool locales, mostly unique levels. An improvement on several of WFC's issues such as colors, level design and gameplay.

I had a lot of fun and still replay the campaign once in a while.

4. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The campaign is a bit short but I loved it! I don't know the current retail price but I'd pay 20-25 for the campaign alone.

5. jdbrewer

jdbrewer Knight who says "Ni".

Buy it, even if the Multiplayer is non existant(I don't know if it is or not), the Campaign is awesome!

6. Super Ginrai

Super Ginrai New Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The single player campaign felt somewhat uneven at times, mixing sections that had me whooping with joy with stretches of fairly inconsequential shooting. The highlights definitely made it worth playing, though. I think I preferred the multiplayer mode, but it's been a while since I played my PS3 copy and I don't know whether there's much of a multiplayer community on Xbox One.

If you're looking for a Transformers shooting game fix this instant, go for it - otherwise I'd wait for the price to come down a bit. $20-$25 seems like a fair deal for this game, especially given its age.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Special pn at the moment on psn, multiplayer still has its issues e.g unbalanced teams i had 1 vs 4 lol

8. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus TFW2005 Supporter

Quick question- Does the PC version have improved visuals over the 360 version? I already own the 360 version but would not be opposed to buying it again for the PC if it had improved visuals.

9. Convoy

Convoy Now in G2 colours TFW2005 Supporter

Is FOC multiplayer still going??

10. Super Ginrai

Super Ginrai New Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Not really, out of the box it's basically just better resolutions and a Vsync toggle. BUT! Because it's built on the Unreal engine, some fans quickly figured out how to make full use of its scalability using a couple of mods. I can't post links at the moment but if you search the PC Gaming Wiki for Fall of Cybertron you'll find instructions on a full range of graphical improvements from better draw distance to FXAA and even 4K rendering.

11. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My understanding is that PS4 is dead, PS3 is averaging two to four TDM matches at a time (everything thing else is dead), and PC has some active TDM but it's filled with hackers.

I don't own the 360 version but the PC is a step up from the PS3 version. I believe the PS3 is capped at 30 fps and has noticeable drops in multiplayer. But the PC version is 60 fps and may even be uncapped? I think at one point we determined that the PS4 version was just the PC version without the multiplayer balance updates.

12. Fade2BlackZarak

Fade2BlackZarak Well-Known Member

I never played the multiplayer but the campaign was terrific. The WoC/FoC games got me back into TFs.

13. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I buyed like 1 month ago for 12$ or so. Its a great game, and i love he foc desings. Its cool how it allows you to customize your transformers.

That said i bought it for the multiplayer but there is no much people around. Not to say that they only play team deatmach and nothing else.. which wasnt the best game mode imo.

Escalation is so fun to play, but you need to add friends otherwise as i mentioned people only do team deathmaches.

The campaing it is OK, fun enough.

And well it always had the non dedicated server issue when you are playing and having fun but suddenly somebody quits playing and you are insta frezeed into a loading screen looking for a new host wich make you go mad and loose your time.

So overall look for peeps to add and stick to play with them if you have the chance if not well be ready for some.frustation.

Regards

14. Convoy

Thanks for the input. I picked it up off steam with all the dlcs when they were having a sale. I just wanna chance to use my custom characters. I'll get to actually play next week when I get home from travels.

15. Convoy

Hey guys, I installed the game today to start playing. Everytime I click Multiplayer it tells me the servers can't be accessed. Does that mean Multiplayer doesn't work anymore? Its the only reason I bought it so I'd feel a bit cheated by Steam if it was the case

16. Fade2BlackZarak

Fade2BlackZarak Well-Known Member

No idea, I never played the multiplayer.

If that is the case, you'll be able to get your money back from Steam if you play under 2 hours.

17. Convoy

18. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me check it and i tell you something

19. HanDy

HanDy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just tried it, it works.

You want to have your matchmarking as worldwide so you would found more people, and look for tean deathmach.

Hope it works!

20. Convoy

Thanks, how do I make it worldwide??